The Interlopers Package V.2

Chat about various topics.

Re: The Interlopers Package V.2

Postby coder0xff on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm

1447 wrote:In today's news, a bizarre case of something this project has seen very little of, and that is luck. Yesteday I finally decided to get off my ass and PM GalantnostS and MrTwoVideoCards to get them to send me their pictures, as those were lost with the original Package. Today I woke up to Mr2's reply, where he said that he had found the original Package in perfect condition under some boxes. At first I was going to reply and say "I just need your pictures, do whatever you want with the Package", but then it hit me: We can use the original hammer to replace the one missing in action in California right now! It's perfect!

I will PM MayheM and tell him his new hammer is on the way.

Programmers are so unreliable! :smt021
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RefaelBA on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

That's great news! Hey MayheM I want to see you rocking with that hammer on the Golden Bridge man!
RefaelBA

Postby MayheM on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

That was the plan. I want to hit all the spots int he city. Pier 39 with all the sea lions, the Golden Gate, maybe even Coit tower. I would got to Alcatraz but that is a bit more difficult since you have to make plans for that. I am going to have to enlist the help of my buddy mbombz so i can get to these places since walking is out of the question.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RefaelBA on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 am

Well you better make the arrangements, the package is en route! :)
RefaelBA

Postby 904 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey mr. Penney ;)
Be on the lookout for this package :D

on flickr
Design Section Moderator

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am

I'll be sending the package the start of next week, and take new pictures over the weekend (seeing as I lost those :( ). PEACE HAS BEEN RESTORED! Sorry guys it took 6 months.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby 1447 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:I'll be sending the package the start of next week, and take new pictures over the weekend (seeing as I lost those :( ). PEACE HAS BEEN RESTORED! Sorry guys it took 6 months.

Water under the bridge my friend, just remember to send me your new images and to PM me when you've sent the Package to Mayhem.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Penney on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 am

904 wrote:Hey mr. Penney ;)

on flickr

:smt023
Penney

Postby Blink on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 am

Is there an updated list of recipients somewhere? The first page looks like it might be out of date.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby 1447 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:05 am

Blink wrote:Is there an updated list of recipients somewhere? The first page looks like it might be out of date.

God damn it, I knew there was something I had forgotten. I haven't updated the first post in ages. I'll see if I can do something about that later today, in the meantime, the Google Map I created a while ago is updated regularly.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:38 pm

There, I've updated the first post to reflect the changes made here over the past few months.

By the way, what happened to that guy named OVRKLL? I can't seem to find his name anywhere anymore.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby stoopdapoop on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Actually, he changed his name to Krainert :) Kraid is someone else.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 am

1447, I have to say that whenever I check out the google map you work with, I wish I knew how to do that. Good job! :smt023 It feels like the project has gathered some momentum, but what happened to Package 3? Did Ad_Hominem ever get the package?

904 wrote:Hey mr. Penney ;)

on flickr

Woohoo I contributed two of those banners :P
RefaelBA

Postby 1447 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:30 pm

RefaelBA wrote:1447, I have to say that whenever I check out the google map you work with, I wish I knew how to do that. Good job! :smt023

Thank you! If you want to learn how to do it, let me assure you, it's actually quite simple. I'm sure YouTube is flooded with tutorials, it'll take you 2-3 minutes to get the hang of it. It's basically click here to place a marker, and here and here to draw a line.

RefaelBA wrote:It feels like the project has gathered some momentum, but what happened to Package 3? Did Ad_Hominem ever get the package?

I have no idea. The Hollow Night sent him the Package sometime in May I think, and I know ad got it, because he said this a while ago:
ad_hominem wrote:I've still got the one Hollow sent me, it kinda got put on hold what with exams, then moving house and stuff. HOWEVER, I shall send it tomorrow or the day after. I think I'm sending it to you, Bema, so you should have enough time to do it.

That was June 13th. Bema never got it (at least not as far as I know) before he had to leave the project, and I haven't heard from Blink either, who was the next recipient after Bema. I have sent ad two PM's since, but he hasn't replied to any of them. What's weird though is that ad hasn't really disappeared, he's online everyday, he even posted a news announcement yesterday about the Alien Swarm thing. Both PM's have left my outbox too, so he has read them. I sent him an email earlier today, let's hope he replies to that.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Ad_hominem just replied to my email, he says he sent the Package two days ago.

Maybe my English isn't as good as I like to think. What part of this sentence should be changed to convey the message better?

And now, this is important: When you send the Package on, you have to contact me right away, because I have to send this PM to your recipient too. Don't forget this!

It is part of the PM I send to everyone, yet no one seems to be able to do this. It's starting to annoy me, because the PM I send around to everyone contains their recipient's name and address, and a few general guidelines, so it's kinda important that they receive it before the Package arrives at their doorstep.
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion