Hammer 3.4 cs 1.6 TRAMPOLINE

Chat about various topics.

Hammer 3.4 cs 1.6 TRAMPOLINE

Postby nS_Veritas on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 am

Hey guys! I know this probably isnt the right forum for such an inquiry, couldnt figure out how to start a new post in the mapping challenges forum (or whatever its called)

Anyway, I'd really like to design a working trampoline for a map i'm making. I have tried using trigger_push with not much luck. Not really getting the bounce I want.

The trampoline is in between two buildings. I want players to be able to jump off the roof of one building, bounce on the trampoline, and land on the roof of the other building.

Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks!
nS_Veritas
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Hammer 3.4 cs 1.6 TRAMPOLINE

Postby Kosire on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 am

Not sure but in Source you can use trigger_gravity.
Kosire
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Re: Hammer 3.4 cs 1.6 TRAMPOLINE

Postby MayheM on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

A trigger push would work... But the values would have to be pretty high to get them to bounce back up. You could have the trigger push not active at first but have a trigger at the ground that activates it. since otherwise as soon as you hit the top of the push you will start back up. I would set it up with three things...

Trigger push (not active)
Trigger hurt (damage set to -1000 so the player does not take damage when they hit the ground)
Trigger multiple (set to enable the trigger push)

The trigger push you will have to play with as far as speed. I had one set once at 10,000 to see how far it would sling the player. I can not remember how that went but it took time to tweak.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Return to General Discussion