Belated "I found work" thread

Chat about various topics.

Belated "I found work" thread

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Seeing everyone elses good news I realize that I never posted about my own.
For the past few months I've been working for Interdimensional Games, or iDGi for short, a Canadian developer in Vancouver. I work from home, I'm an indpendant contractor. It's a very small fledgling company, no office, with people in several countries who have a wide range of experience and lots of fun. ToRqUe[MoD] also works for iDGi, and a few others from the Source modding scene that I don't think come here.

The project they have me working on is very unique. iDGi has a sattelite in orbit that we use to open a rift to a parallel universe. Through this rift we have established contact with an artifical intelligence named Henry. What we learn about this alternate reality forms the basis of our game; players are free to access the satellite to contact Henry for themselves and help us learn about the alternate universe and the mysteries it holds. If you want to play, go to our site, click Experience and wait for an eclipse to form the anomaly. If you get lost, this can help.

EDIT: link to our forums rather than unf, desertch updated the guide recently.
Last edited by Mr. Happy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Belated "I found work" thread

Postby SotaPoika on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Shameless promotion.. BUT I DON'T CARE! Can someone crack open the stuff in site Mr. Happy linked? I'm too busy-mr.
* Portfolio: http://sp0n3.carbonmade.com/
* No More Room In Hell - Level Designer
* Zombie Panic! Source - Level Designer
SotaPoika
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby RawMeat3000 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:08 am

Definitely an interesting web site, I loved that part with the Windows 95 emulation. Seems to be a lot of backstory for whatever game Happy is working on. There's a timeline of events describing scientific breakthroughs and probable wars over the next 30 or so years, read about half of it and it was a pretty interesting prediction. Looking forward to playing this, whatever it is!
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby Mr. Happy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Shameless promotion? Perhaps! But iDGi is awesome, I love working with these people, I've learned a ton and am having lots of fun. It's a small team meaning I get to work with everyone in the company directly and theres a wide variety of experience and background creating diversity in the team and meaning that I get a variety of benefit from working with the people there. It's easy to fit in because there are other people who for them this is also their first game, and then there are some people (the same number of people) who are much older and have good/funny stories and insight about the industry and games, production methods, history, etc.

The game we are working on is totally fucking awesome and I'm excited to be working on it. TONS of fun. Yes RawMeat, that is the beginning, you could say "backstory" of the idgi experience...that is where it all started and still continues. http://www.idgi1.net/ also lets you access the satellite. Sifting through everything is quite difficult, even we don't understand all the data that comes through from the other side. Only by having people play can we unravel what is happening in the alternate universe.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to General Discussion