Is Half-Life 3 coming?

Chat about various topics.

Re: Is Half-Life 3 coming?

Postby Jangalomph on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Watch it, you'll be glad you did. He says the release date there.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MaK on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Wow... thanks a lot.

Fucker.
MaK

Postby Black_Stormy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 am

I don't believe hl3 or ep3 is ever coming out. Valve are doing far more interesting things now. I have buried the half life franchise deep down in my heart and created my own spiritual form of closure. It's just not happening guys.
Black_Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dives on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 am

Gabe pretty much confirmed HL3 with a wink and nod when he referred to the development of "Ricochet 2" in an interview on some podcast several months back.

He said something about not wanting to reveal too early in case they need to delay, since that's torturous to fans.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby LordDz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 am

Dives wrote:Gabe pretty much confirmed HL3 with a wink and nod when he referred to the development of "Ricochet 2" in an interview on some podcast several months back.

He said something about not wanting to reveal too early in case they need to delay, since that's torturous to fans.

LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby srredfire on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 am

I think you'd have to be a fool not to expect another installment in the Half-Life series. It is a huge money maker and one of their most popular series. They know that, and won't forget that.

I thought it was pretty widely accepted that they are making Half-Life 3 now as a full installment, considering the amount of time that has passed, amongst the fact that they have called it by that title, they've mentioned their distaste with the episodic way of making things, and the evidence supporting the fact they're creating a new engine.

Money and technical stuff aside, I'm sure they want to finish the story. We were left with a cliff hanger with quite a few unresolved problems, so I'm sure the creative side of the team has been and is eager to wrap it up.

It's just taking time with building such a large scale game, on a new engine. Valve takes their time with their games for the most part and ensures they're up to par to their standards. There is a reason they're so highly praised for their games and they want to maintain that.

All you can do is sit and WAIT.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chrille on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 pm

srredfire wrote:I think you'd have to be a fool not to expect another installment in the Half-Life series. It is a huge money maker and one of their most popular series. They know that, and won't forget that.

I thought it was pretty widely accepted that they are making Half-Life 3 now as a full installment, considering the amount of time that has passed, amongst the fact that they have called it by that title, they've mentioned their distaste with the episodic way of making things, and the evidence supporting the fact they're creating a new engine.

Money and technical stuff aside, I'm sure they want to finish the story. We were left with a cliff hanger with quite a few unresolved problems, so I'm sure the creative side of the team has been and is eager to wrap it up.

It's just taking time with building such a large scale game, on a new engine. Valve takes their time with their games for the most part and ensures they're up to par to their standards. There is a reason they're so highly praised for their games and they want to maintain that.

All you can do is sit and WAIT.

It being called Episode Three by title wouldn't necessitate that it followed the episodic release model though, as much as it would be about keeping it integrated with the other episodes (stupid wording but I think you get my meaning), and calling it Half-Life 3 now makes no sense as it contradicts everything they have ever said regarding future releases

They could probably end up naming it that anyway, but I actually hope not, it just seems like something they would do because the retarded gaming community and press misunderstand a single article about content delivery and start calling it HL3.

Does anybody else remember the time when people thought the next installment was going to be HL4, "because Valve said that the Episodes are practically Half-Life 3?"

I feel like it's that all over.
Chrille
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby no00dylan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 am

I don't get why people care about and argue over what it will be called. We all know what it is, another installment in the Half Life franchise- and yes, it will happen.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Smurftyours on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Its only taking so long because Gabe ate half of the staff developing the game.
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby vcool on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm

half life is dead and valve is completely different nowadays.

just give up.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Armageddon on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I gave up.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Plague on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Armageddon wrote:I gave up.

vcool wrote:half life is dead and valve is completely different nowadays.

just give up.

Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 pm

hl3 is like the second coming of Jesus. Nobody knows if it ever happens, and if it did, nobody would care except for a few religious fanatics who still believe in ancient ideas
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

wat
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby LordDz on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 pm

zombie@computer wrote:hl3 is like the second coming of Jesus. Nobody knows if it ever happens, and if it did, nobody would care except for a few religious fanatics who still believe in ancient ideas

If Jesus came down from the sky, I think a LOT of people would care.. Atheists and religious people alike.
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion