Scripted_Sequence

Tutorial collection, comprehensive listings on main site.

Postby Blink on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:10 am

Kodox wrote:You mean............Just to have an npc say something..with no animation....requires.....We are talking about....(Quit being so lazy Kodox.)

If you want help then at least write in full sentences.

If you want the NPC to move their lips then yes, you will need Faceposer.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Re: Scripted_Sequence

Postby HappyNoodleboy on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey this script works fine with Barney, but when given the same scripts to the npc_combine_s entity, the guard just pops up in the script location rather than actually running to that place. Any work arounds you can think of?
HappyNoodleboy

Postby rompope00009 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:56 am

its been said before:
under move to position, set it to walk or run, not instantaneous.

Also, for enemy forces, like combine, you need to set the startlookoff flag to true
rompope00009

Postby Jim the Hermit on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

You don't need "On end of script1 begin script 2 Output"; you can use the Next Script property most of the time

I know these are 4 years old, but..

M@sterT wrote:i tried makin an npc walk and sit down on a bench which is next to a table but he will not sit down on the bench. i tried putting the scripted sequence entity above the bench and inbetween the table but then teh npc wont even do the sequence and if i put it behind the bench but then the npc walks over to teh bench and tries to sit down in mid air

try something like:
Action Animation: d1_t01_BreakRoom_Sit02_Entry
Post Action Animation: d1_t02_Plaza_Sit02
Loop Action?: No
then tick Loop in Post idle
(I had mine sit on a brush, however because I had the same problem)

RabidGoat wrote:alright, so I have follow the instructions to the T, and something very odd happens........the person follows me and "joins my squad" instead of doing the selected script sequence. granted, Im not using Barney, but rather npc_citizen. But I don't see how that would make a difference. Anyone know why this is? Scripting is where its at!

There's a huge difference! Citizens are pains-in-the-asses and you need a ai_relationship; make them neutral about the !player
Jim the Hermit
Regular
Regular

Postby conquer001 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:43 am

I'd like ask for some help in regards to scripted_sequences.

I have a total of 3 sequences in which I told each sequence upon onEndSequence, the NPC is to move to the next sequence, execute the animation, and then move on to the 3rd scripted_sequence. However, when I told the 3rd sequence that onEndSequence to have the NPC move back to the first sequence in something like a loop, the NPC stops at the third sequence and moves no further.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
conquer001

Previous

Return to Tutorials