Buyzones

Tutorial collection, comprehensive listings on main site.

Buyzones

Postby Tutorial on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:25 pm

category
Counter-Strike: Source

description
Without these no-one can buy guns, and you wouldn't want that.

keywords
cs, source, counter, strike, counter-strike, buy, zone, func_buyzone, func_buyzones, buyzone.

Here’s a little tutorial on creating buy zones,

Create a brush around your player spawn/spawns with the trigger texture; this brush defines the size of your buy zone. It should touch the floor and be as tall as your player spawn entity, I like to have mine 16 units higher then my player spawn entities.

Now that you have the area defined for your buy zone you actually need to turn it into one. So select your brush and right click, scroll down to “tie to entity” and left click alternatively you can select your brush and just hit Ctrl+T. This will make the object properties window pop up. Now expand the “Class” pop down menu and scroll down to func_buyzone then left click.

All that’s left to do now is make it either a Counter Terrorist spawn or a Terrorist spawn. You can do this be clicking on the “Team Number (int)” option in “Keyvalues” then using the op down menu either choose “terrorist” or “Counter Terrorist.” Hit apply and you’re all done go compile and try out your shiny new buy zones.

If you have more than one buy zone for one team it’s a good idea to name them, just click on “Name” in “Keyvalues” and type what ever you want to call your buy zones, remember names cannot have spaces in.

Hope this has helped.

Related
Example Map

Signy
- Don't send PM's to this user -
Tutorial
Not A Real User

Postby w00dbl0k on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks for this :D helped me out alot
w00dbl0k
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby djtomekkk on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:44 pm

Tnx, I needed it!
djtomekkk

Postby Prancingwolf on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:59 am

Thanks, this helped me a bit.
Xfire name: prancingwolf
Prancingwolf

Postby sammich on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:32 am

I've tried this a zillion times but every time I test my map it does the "Testing Walkable Space" thing and gets about a 5th done and the game closes. Anyone know what I can do?
sammich
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby MercX on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 am

This could be unrelated to the buyzones. I remember there being something wrong with the nav generation after the last update. Download the sample vmf from the tutorial and see if that works. If it doesn't, then you might want to check out the thread about fixing the update's bugs. It's running around here somewhere- just search for it.

Oh right, and your sig is way too huge, resize it to 400x100 MAX before Almighty Blink smites you.
Age of Chivalry Dev Team.
MercX
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby sammich on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Oops I posted this in the wrong thread... Sorry.
sammich
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Tutorials