23%
MAO
25%
CZ_SQUISHY
1%

Total votes : 75

Re: MAP BATTLE 43 REVOTE

Postby cz_squishy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Fedora wrote:CZ_Squishy: Gahhh turn up anti-aliasing for screenshots! It makes such a huge difference.

Map decided to quit on me and not compile with the latest version. Also, it was on my 5 year old laptop and I was going to get a screen shot on my better computer but like I said, the map wouldn't compile...
cz_squishy
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby 1447 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

A tough choice, some very impressive maps here, but had to go with MáØ's (O and Ø are different letters :( ). Also, why was Vicpop disqualified?
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:15 pm

tic again :)
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Kremator on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Still Tic Tac
Kremator
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Zipfinator on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

1447 wrote:A tough choice, some very impressive maps here, but had to go with MáØ's (O and Ø are different letters :( ). Also, why was Vicpop disqualified?

Because it was a fucking box with 6 faces textured with a development texture. Seriously... Do you even have to ask?
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Zipfinator wrote:
1447 wrote:A tough choice, some very impressive maps here, but had to go with MáØ's (O and Ø are different letters :( ). Also, why was Vicpop disqualified?

Because it was a fucking box with 6 faces textured with a development texture. Seriously... Do you even have to ask?

I didn't ask because I disagreed with the disqualification or because I found his map that awesome, I asked because I had no idea what the map looked like. I rarely pay very much attention to the map battle threads unless I find the theme extremely interesting.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 am

1447 wrote:I didn't ask because I disagreed with the disqualification or because I found his map that awesome, I asked because I had no idea what the map looked like. I rarely pay very much attention to the map battle threads unless I find the theme extremely interesting.

Well that's fine. I thought you did think it was that awesome. It was literally a box with a white dev texture with 2 blue triangles covering each 1024x1024 wall.
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kremator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 am

If it didn't go against the rules directly I don't think we should've excluded it - I mean, I'm not sure if it was popular request or what. If it wasn't I don't think it's in the mod's place to judge what is suitable before passing it on for public voting, unless it broke the rules.

If it was the opinion of the general public to see it removed then I have no issue.
Kremator
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Fedora on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

CREMATOR666 wrote:If it was the opinion of the general public to see it removed then I have no issue.

It was. Too many people were voting for it and it was skewing the results for the serious entries.

Voted Mao.
I livestream and do hardcore play-by-play analysis of my mapping.
[Been on hiatus due to technical difficulties - starting again soon]
Fedora
Regular
Regular

Postby Add-9 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 am

CREMATOR666 wrote:If it didn't go against the rules directly I don't think we should've excluded it - I mean, I'm not sure if it was popular request or what. If it wasn't I don't think it's in the mod's place to judge what is suitable before passing it on for public voting, unless it broke the rules.

If it was the opinion of the general public to see it removed then I have no issue.

Yes, like Fedora said, the somewhat sarcastic votes skews the results. 904 had to not accept an entry in a similar sense:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30439
Habboi wrote:I want to be sigged :(
Add-9

Postby 904 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 am

rules thread wrote:The final screenshots most be taken in-game with proper light (no full-bright please), and textured. This means, finish your map before posting it!
Design Section Moderator

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 am

I think a new rule should be added that obvious joke entries such as Vic's shouldn't be allowed. Most of the people who've posted complaining about it being removed are Vic's buddies from the Interloper's chat.
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kremator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 am

Zipfinator wrote:I think a new rule should be added that obvious joke entries such as Vic's shouldn't be allowed. Most of the people who've posted complaining about it being removed are Vic's buddies from the Interloper's chat.

chill man, chill-like I said, if it's against the rules/popular demand then I got no complaints. The fact that vic's entry were included wasn't anyone's fault-least of all his. It's not like he made it to be serious. Since when does interlopers get so uptight? Just have a fun time in the battle guys, there've always been joke entries in the past.
Kremator
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:40 am

I'm not trying to be uptight. It's just disappointing when a joke entry is beating half of the other entries.
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Shr3d on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:09 am

I understand zip, bit most of us literally had to watch out and not crap our pants from laughter when we saw the retarded white cube lol
Shr3d

PreviousNext

Return to Design Section