Does lopers need a refresh?

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Re: Does lopers need a refresh?

Postby MayheM on Sun May 17, 2009 3:56 pm

The layout for the most part is great. I dont see any need for improvements there. But I do agree with changing the banner. Maybe have a rotating on with different screenshots in the background. even have members contribute by submitting thier own banners and take the top 10 or 20 of them and put them up in a rotation where every time the page refreshes it changes and puts up a random one...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Sun May 17, 2009 4:56 pm

I think the banner should be a section of a screenshot from the map spotlight! But I guess no one agrees with me, oh well.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Zipfinator wrote:I think the banner should be a section of a screenshot from the map spotlight! But I guess no one agrees with me, oh well.

Well I agree it would be cool to have4 those maps spotlighted as the banner though it woudl be a bit redundent. There would then be no point in having the spotlight on the homepage at all times. At least to some extent. I thnk it would be far more interesting to have more then just the map spotlight up there. To have everyone able to contribute and have screenshots from maps made by many of the members here woudl be awesome. Even if it was a colection of the map battle winners...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Maybe a big old shake up wouldn't be such a bad thing.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SlappyBag on Sun May 17, 2009 5:49 pm

The banner used to be on a rotation if I do remember, and were originally all member contributes aha. I can't remember how the site looked before, I've been here for three re-designs, each one has improved.
SlappyBag
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun May 17, 2009 6:04 pm

SlappyBag wrote:The banner used to be on a rotation if I do remember, and were originally all member contributes aha. I can't remember how the site looked before, I've been here for three re-designs, each one has improved.

Some old Interlopers faces;

;)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mky on Sun May 17, 2009 6:15 pm

hahaha the last one is when i first started lurking.

I'm thinking if he improved so much with each site redesign, why not give him a chance to redo this one?
mky
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby SlappyBag on Sun May 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh god never knew Blink used a template site at first, that second one is the one I first remember.
SlappyBag
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 904 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:05 pm

New banner?
I smell an art battle topic.
Design Section Moderator

Postby Jangalomph on Sun May 17, 2009 7:09 pm

In this case, maybe you could code a new site blink. :D

And if we don't like it, we can make a vote/poll to change it back.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Duke Nukem on Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am

the way the site looks now is really the best i know. the light colours show that the lopers have unlimited room for their crativity and clean, wide open thoughts when they work.
Enjoy your Kartoffelsuppe!

ModDB Profile
Duke Nukem
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby punky on Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am

I think that this site looks great the way it is, but things can always look better no? So if you would really want to change something Blink, then I'd maybe go for a more dared and complex look not such a "default" design. I wouldn't change too much about the lay-out though because that's the best about Interlopers IMO, it's easy to navigate on this site's simple lay-out.

And as jangalomph said, if we really don't like the new look then just have a poll to vote the old site back.
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 am

As I said earlier, based on opinion I won't be re-designing but rather tweaking and improving the existing layout. So actually, I'm doing more of a refresh than a re-design.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby ankhsethamon on Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Blink wrote:As I said earlier, based on opinion I won't be re-designing but rather tweaking and improving the existing layout. So actually, I'm doing more of a refresh than a re-design.

I think it's a great idea, and well, you know what you're doing... and I'm sure you'll do some nice improvements to the site.. ( And, yeap!, I think lopers need a refresh...><)

Good luck
ankhsethamon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MayheM on Tue May 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Just thought of another suggestion. If you where to in fact have a rotating banner, have one image from every mod supported on these forums.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback Corner