Interlopers dictionary

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Postby Fearian on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:24 pm

Jest@ wrote:Hmm it's a good idea if you do it carefully, but I HATE reading articles/forums where they have that and it has some irritating offtopic link over every single bloody word, it just becomes pointless. But if you do it right (which i trust ya to :smt023 ) it'd be a very, very useful addition to the help forum.

To 'Do it right' you need to have the links apear diferently than to links people write in themselves. That was you can filter the spam from the vital information in tutorials.
Fearian
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby KILLA-COW on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:
Jest@ wrote:
KILLA-COW wrote:Definition for KILLA-COW

Complete derailment.

It was actually me. sorry about that but i was really really really bored and killa kows posts do my head in...especially when i am that damn bored.

All my posts? ouch thats just plain nastayyyyy
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Haas on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:22 pm

an interlopers wikipedia would be cool to put al the tutorials in it!!
I map therefore I am!
Haas
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby KILLA-COW on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:32 pm

Haas wrote:an interlopers wikipedia would be cool to put al the tutorials in it!!

OI that was on topic!

Anyway i think a dictionary would be useful if only a few words were in it and only important ones.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Skurmedel on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:46 am

Jest@ wrote:
definitely. I found a horrible site the other day with a dictionary feature, pretty much every third word was flagged up, but worse than that, they were bright green on a white bacground among medium-grey text, and they were double-underlined. Horrible. so hard to read.

I think making them a slightly lighter shade , like this, maybe with a dashed underline, might look ok.

I'd helkp out on the Modelling one, but we need more modelling resources in the tutorials to make it good...working on that one (slowly) :wink:

Thats not even as evil as those sites with underlined words, which you soon will find out are ads :(
Skurmedel
Regular
Regular

Postby Jest@ on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:28 am

Skurmedel wrote:Thats not even as evil as those sites with underlined words, which you soon will find out are ads :(

Half of them were :evil:

KILLA-COW wrote:Anyway i think a dictionary would be useful if only a few words were in it and only important ones.

Damn right.

Haas wrote:an interlopers wikipedia would be cool to put al the tutorials in it!!

Oh good god no, please, not another wiki...NOOOO!!!!
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Skurmedel on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:30 am

Jest@ wrote:
KILLA-COW wrote:Anyway i think a dictionary would be useful if only a few words were in it and only important ones.

Damn right.

And they should be really well described with nice links to other resources.
Skurmedel
Regular
Regular

Postby Dead-Inside on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:51 pm

If this is ever implemented please make sure not to *underline* the text because it just stands out too much.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Feedback Corner