Viedo Tutorial Requests

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Viedo Tutorial Requests

Postby Sammie on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:17 am

I've been playing around with Hammer some, and using your tutorials to help me along. I've also been able to figure out quite a bit of this using the help in Hammer, as well as searching these forums. However, watching the videos, and picking up on 'tricks' would really help. Here are some areas I'd like to see some video on:

- Creating and texturing stairs
- Creating a sky/skybox and background stuff
- More lighting: placing light on actual objects (i.e. a lamp). Also, is it possible to make a 'breakable' lamp (maybe using a trigger)? If so, that would be a great video.
- Adding entities/props (you touched on this a bit in the tutorials, but more details like adding buildings or breakable things etc. Also, there are a lot to choose from.. which is the right one to pick? What about all the properties?).

These are just some things that have come up during the early learning stages. Again, thanks for taking the time to make these.

Sammie
Sammie
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby tr0mb0ne on Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:30 am

Maybe people could take existing tutorials and turn them into video tutorials :-D
92% of teens suffer frr0meerssewresrvevrschegyicryurfsutfrcgykcruighseryicgsry3763 3 3g34uuu4gu 338woq3ui4h3il450[[[[ejr3hw4b34ki3oqnh2nu3nlo``bn 3ko;324n234jbe5tet6.,w4jk5jil5kpwv ,l';eeeeg
tr0mb0ne
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby MadFour on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:30 pm

id love this to.. i hate stairs.. they never look ok..
if annyone find one please gimme a link ^_^
MadFour
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dead-Inside on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:12 pm

Stairs are quite easy if I may say so myself.

It's hard to do a tutorial on stairs as each individual stair is different from the other and as such there really isn't much to say about it. You could only really have a basic tutorial on your basic staircase.

Lighting can be turned off if you have a func_breakable and have it's output to turn your light Off when shot. This works with a switch or anything else, just output to turn it off, or on. Or toggle, even.

Personally I doubt you need video tutorials for anything that you asked for. It's all really basic and you'll learn it yourself. Play around with it and you'll get more knowledge out of that than if someone told you to do this and that and tada you've done this. Because then you'll go "But I want to do that, and you didn't show me! Tell me how!" instead of knowing how to solve the problem yourself.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Feedback Corner