CS:GO: entities semi-randomly not working on dedicated serve

Any aspects of level design for the Source engine.

CS:GO: entities semi-randomly not working on dedicated serve

Postby Spherix on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi everyone,

First post on interlopers, I assumed there's a few more people around here with knowledge of entity use and/or the client/network code of the Source engine.

I am encountering an issue where several entity-based 'vehicles' are randomly working or not depending on the server they run on. This concerns CS:GO, but it could be that it's a known issue across the engine.
Note: the exact same BSP was used in all cases.
- When running the map via console: map mapname : Everything works as intended
- When running the map via 'Play with Friends' (online): Everything works as intended
- When running the map on dedicated server #1 (linux box): 2 out of 7 vehicles worked
- When running the map on dedicated server #2 (windows box): 3 out of 7 vehicles worked (different ones than last time)

Reloading the map on the same server gives the same result, so it doesn't seem to be completely random.

What I mean with 'not working' is that it seems the game_ui that is used to route the player controls to the vehicle, doesn't seem to be activated properly, and physics elements that are used don't seem to have their movement enabled.

The entity components are pretty much exact copies of eachother, and with the varying results per server, I am clueless on how to attack this problem. Is this a known issue perhaps?
Spherix
Just Joined
Just Joined

Return to Hammer Editor Help