CS:GO - Func_brush template not working after first round?

Any aspects of level design for the Source engine.

CS:GO - Func_brush template not working after first round?

Postby kdhunt2000 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:45 pm

I have a very odd problem.

I have created a template, to be spawned into the world, using env_entity_maker. The template contains two parts: a prop_dynmaic, and a func_brush (which is a player clip to prevent some weird collisions with the prop).

The point_template sets the template1 field to the prop_dynamic and the template2 field to the func brush.

On the first round, the func_brush and prop_dynamic are placed correctly around my map. However on the after the first round it does not work right. On each subsequent round the prop_dynamic is automatically cleaned up (removed from the map) and is remade by the env_entity_maker again, however the func_brushes are not cleaned up and also do not respawn.

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this, and have tried toggling some settings but have had absolutely no luck. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated.
kdhunt2000
Regular
Regular

Re: CS:GO - Func_brush template not working after first roun

Postby sloprano on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 am

I don't know about CS:GO, but in CS:S there are some entities that don't reset between rounds with func_brush being one of them.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... d_Restarts

You can see if it works binding your brush to a func_physbox or func_breakable that's set to be unbreakable.
sloprano

Re: CS:GO - Func_brush template not working after first roun

Postby HERPDERPHURR on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 am

You might try using a logic_auto to disable the func_brush each round

If it doesn't seem to work with OnMultiNewRound, try OnMapSpawn
HERPDERPHURR
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Hammer Editor Help