Episode 3: The first 5 minutes. Your guess?

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Episode 3: The first 5 minutes. Your guess?

Postby mky on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:14 pm

I imagine it will start off with an advertisement of L4D3.
mky
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Zabiela wrote:You walk outside the building where Eli dies.

The parking lot you see blows up suddenly.

Aperture labs test subject lands at your feet.

Steal portal gun.

Why do I get the feeling that this might actually happen?
Last edited by nub on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 pm

mky wrote:I imagine it will start off with an advertisement of L4D3.

HAHAHA that's pretty funny...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Furling on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Black screen as Alyx cries (Ep2 ending), suddenly Gordon wakes up in the train from HL1 beginning (to add some sense there are two more passengers that are somehow quietly talking about Borealis :o). A short time to walk around and get over the shock as a sudden face of GMan and his "Wake up " line switches the view over to Aparture science where Portal started.

A few more moments with GLaDOS going on about the usual stuff about safety as something from the ceiling falls down on Gordons head and blacks him out, returning to the Ep2 ending scene place. He then gets on the chopper and rides off to save the day

now THAT is a brain twisting starter.. Not realistic, not very good and only in some way making sense, but still :P

Either way I only hope the actual beginning of ep3 will be good
~ Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over ~

Stargate: Legacy a Half-Life2 modification. Learn more at http://www.stargatelegacy.net
Furling
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby ErikKiller on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Furling wrote:Black screen as Alyx cries (Ep2 ending), suddenly Gordon wakes up in the train from HL1 beginning (to add some sense there are two more passengers that are somehow quietly talking about Borealis :o). A short time to walk around and get over the shock as a sudden face of GMan and his "Wake up " line switches the view over to Aparture science where Portal started.

A few more moments with GLaDOS going on about the usual stuff about safety as something from the ceiling falls down on Gordons head and blacks him out, returning to the Ep2 ending scene place. He then gets on the chopper and rides off to save the day

:smt021
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby vcool on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm

We are either in the chopper, or the chopper crashes and we are looking at the ruins (L4D style).

It has to start somehow connected to a means of transportation.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Terr on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm

The first five minutes will be a safe environment for:

Movement, looking, gravity gun usage. And then target-practice against slow-moving melee-only enemies with lots of room to run away.

1. Start in helicopter. Run around cramped environs. Fetch and retrieve some parts or equipment for the pilot and/or Alyx. Use the crowbar to open the crate the gravity gun is inside. Then use the gravity-gun to chuck a few heavy objects out the door, maybe to eke out a few more miles across the forbidding landscape.

2. If Valve wants to emphasize the use of static-emplacement weapons you'll have a helicopter gunning situation involving shooting enemies on the ground in order to clear a landing area, where you can take pretty much all the time you want at minimal risk. If they want general target practice, it will be the same thing, but with shooting a normal gun of some sort while an infinite ammo crate is on the copter.

3. The copter will land, and either the pilot (if not Alyx) will take it back up for some reason, or it will be crippled on the ground, perhaps only barely managing to limp its way to your landing zone.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby staberas on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Guessmyname wrote:The GMan rickrolling you.

Done
staberas
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Lobstar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

freeman dies......you pick up the story as a headcrab trying to save the world.
New blog up and running :D
Visceral3D
Lobstar
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby ad_hominem on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 pm

You are killed in the blast from the test chamber in HL1, and it turns out everything from HL1, HL2 and the episodes merely occured in Freeman's mind before he died.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Habboi on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:26 pm

I just think that getting in that helicopter is too predictable and that you'll go back to Kleiner and they'll ask what happened and Alyx will probably fall into his arms etc etc

From there I believe her resolve to get revenge will truly begin and Kleiner might say that he has a faster way to get to the Borealis and suggests a teleporter ;O
http://www.habboi.co.uk - Habboi's Portfolio

3D Art Director working on indie title "A Hat in Time" by Gears for Breakfast.
http://hatintime.com/
Habboi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 pm

You fly a little in the helicopter, it crashes (big surprise) and before you wake up you dream about alyx actually being a demon entering your mind... no wait that's another game. But you sure won't look at alyx the same way any more.

I sure hope the story gets a little more attention, instead of action and path-clearing your way to the next checkpoint.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby Terr on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:14 pm

staberas wrote:
Guessmyname wrote:The GMan rickrolling you.

Done

That's awesome... except I think the voice could've been done better: The G-man doesn't sound disturbingly alien as much as like he's lost IQ points.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby nub on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 am

vcool wrote:We are either in the chopper, or the chopper crashes and we are looking at the ruins (L4D style).

It has to start somehow connected to a means of transportation.

True, every Half-Life game has started out that way. A lot of people could easily overlook Ep1's start, however. The vortigaunts teleporting Gordon and Alyx from danger counts as a means of transportation if you ask me. The first game had the tram in Black Mesa, HL2 had the train in C17, and Ep2 had a train wreck scene in White Forest. I'm fairly certain they're either going to start it with Gordon and company on their way to a makeshift funeral for Eli, or in the helicopter on their way to the Borealis.

I'm actually curious what exactly their intentions were with starting every game off like this. I've honestly never played any other game that's nearly as thoughtful as HL2. Then again, I also haven't played a game with as complicated a story.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Terr on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 am

nub wrote:True, every Half-Life game has started out that way. A lot of people could easily overlook Ep1's start, however. The vortigaunts teleporting Gordon and Alyx from danger counts as a means of transportation if you ask me.

Flying car thrown by giant robot.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Chat