Episode 3: The first 5 minutes. Your guess?

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Episode 3: The first 5 minutes. Your guess?

Postby nub on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Terr wrote:
nub wrote:True, every Half-Life game has started out that way. A lot of people could easily overlook Ep1's start, however. The vortigaunts teleporting Gordon and Alyx from danger counts as a means of transportation if you ask me.

Flying car thrown by giant robot.

That's not the very beginning, though. In the very beginning of Episode one, it shows the cutscene of Gordon and Alyx at the Dark Fusion reactor at the top of the Citadel as it explodes, but time freezes and the vortigaunts take Gordon and Alyx away before they are killed.

If that sounds illogical, than I guess you can consider the "rollercoaster ride" in the red van.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby korge on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm

HAHAHAH this whole thread is full of epic lulz.

Episode 1 had an aweful introduction in my own opinion.
zombie@computer wrote:Thank god the government knows best.
korge
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby nub on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes, it did in fact have a very awkward way of starting, although given the ending to HL2, it may have been the only good way.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Terr on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am

I know it's not the very beginning, but I'd consider it another "pre-combat vehicle sequence". I think the impromptu-rollercoaster is far more evocative of the HL1 train than the Vort-intervention.

I wonder if Valve considered the Vorts using one of those Xen mantis-fliers. Of course, that would introduce more problems than it solves, and wouldn't exactly mesh with the "trippy stopped-time paranormal effect" thing. ("The resistance has those? How?") etc.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Kodox on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 am

The same way every Half life begins.
Gman.
Train.
Crowbar.
Repeat.

Only in this case.
Gman.
Helicopter.
Crowbar.

Episode 3 is nothing more than a vehicular pursuit of the Advisor that killed Eli. once you find the advisor, the credits roll and we wait for Episode 4.
Kodox
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Terr on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 am

Lies: In Ep1 you didn't find the crowbar for a very long time.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby arieas on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:14 am

Alyx will be pole dancing to Brittany spears 'Hit me baby one more time;' while Eli is taken by gman to his crib. Kliener then tells you Barny got Stuck in a lift and you got to back the way you came in ep2 and half way through ep1. ep3 will be going back to White forest, again.

But really, it will likely begin with the minutes after Eli's death and vortigaunts, carrying his body to a place. Maybe they will wrap him in a shroud. ALyx is crying, then some stuff is said, 'get to the choppa' go to the Borealis, Alyx goes with you and is sad but very angry and throughout, your chopper gets mauled by the same adviser that killed Eli, Alyx see it and gets very pissed off, so she goes off running after it, then some deep ice fissure opens she falls, so do you. Then its a bit like the Antlion caves only you got advisers, then you get to the borealis, stuff happens, you find out the secret, turn on a big machine, then 'shwooourrp' something happens, like teleportation or portals open, advisor's stream out and other epic shaz, and the gman stop in to say Hai, fade to black... roll on the finale.

I do believe honestly something along those lines it will pan out, nothing is quite that straightforward in HL2 world, you see the path clear ahead then suddenly a beam falls across it. Same with the chopper likely to crash, otherwise they'd fly straight to the boat, and you can't be sat there for an hour, as your seeing it through Gordons eyes and passage of time.
Looking for Low-poly weapon modeller for a non-source mod, if you believe your awesome, message me!
arieas
Regular
Regular

Postby [JFG]Propaganda on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:52 am

Gman will ask for your credit card info so you can prepay for the next mindless release. After you get that done the game will start with zombie hordes attacking you and you will have pills and a crowbar. You will sit and kill zombie waves until you have a stroke.
[JFG]Propaganda
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby sdematt on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 am

So, Episode 3 will be horrible, and full of story lines no one loved. Valve will get complaint emails, so they'll work on Ep 4, which will be like that season of Dallas, where everything was a dream sequence so they could start over. That would be interesting.

Honestly, it won't love up to my expectations because mine are pretty damn high. I EXPECT Adrian Shephard to return, and for there to be the most awesome ending there evar was. But, I'm thinking it won't be.

Or, it opens with Gordon on the 'copter, along with Ellis, Nick, Rochelle, and Coach from L4D2, with the bridge exploding behind them. Then, all Valve games become one as you play with the Portal gun in a TF2 style deathmatch with the L4D characters.
De_oilyard: 70%

I can't wait for Black Mesa Source!

I've found my stay so far at interlopers quite good, and with a reasonable price.
They only took my soul.
sdematt
Regular
Regular

Postby tomaat on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

-bump-
tomaat
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby omnicoder on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:23 am

Loading screen
If only the future implemented IForeseeable...
"whats threading? does it have to do with strings?" - stegarootbeer
omnicoder
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby poisonic on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:25 am

the first five minutes i wonder why they call it the blue box?
and ofcourse i hope to find episode 3 death match
and ofcourse u get hl2 hl2dm hl2ep1 hl2ep3 and so on :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKE4x5hoDLw&feature=fvw
i was realy disapoited in the game play have a watch
Last edited by poisonic on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
[img:400]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/poisonic.png[/img]
poisonic
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby joe_dirt976 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 am

Wondering how I manged to lose all of my weapons upon loading.
Major Banter wrote:Joe Dirt. Also known locally in Interlopers as "Hammer Machine"
joe_dirt976
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Zipfinator on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:46 am

joe_dirt976 wrote:Wondering how I manged to lose all of my weapons upon loading.

The dang Advisor stole them! Just like the Train stole them and the Explosion stole them in previous Episodes!
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby poisonic on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:48 am

or you will see this but then five minutes :P
[img:400]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/poisonic.png[/img]
poisonic
Pheropod
Pheropod

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Chat