Modern Warfare 2 Controversy

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Controversy

Postby Phott on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:11 pm

poisonic wrote:to my opinion.
i like the bloody gore content.... my favourite soldiers of fortune :P shooting the arms of with a shotgun etc.... bring on the gore blood and pain.... hell yeah im 32.....
and if you have kids around lock your pc kids are to my opinion to young to waste their lives behind a pc....
its the same with 18+ movies.... you just cant blaim the game company that would be to easy
as a good parent you have a responecibility that hey dont have a chance to play this games...

Hey, if I'm ever gonna have kids, I wouldn't mind letting them play this shit when they are at least 12, as they will see worse shit on their own now with the internet and there are certain things you can't control. Forbidding them to play a game or see a movie is stupid as that will only make them more interested in it, if they are allowed to see a scary movie for example that they have been nagging about for a while and then get scared shitless, they will have learned something. It's not like they'll turn into homicidal maniacs..
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQacmIV380&feature=related

Apparently this kid is playing a MW2 mode that isn't officially released yet - a Headquarters-like "Capture the Nuke" mode. I don't think it's a very interesting game mode but the fact that it exists on the X-Box disc prior to the "DLC release" is cause for further disappointment with Infinity Ward. Who knows what other content is currently hidden in the files?

The only way this would be an understandable approach to "new content post-release" is if the currently hidden content is unlocked in stages at NO COST to the player. All the player would have to do is download a very small code from Infinity Ward, rather than spend lots of time downloading actual content. While I still think the content should have been available from the outset, I would understand if their intention was skipping long downloads via free unlock codes.

EDIT: I tried to embed the YouTube video on this post but it didn't work properly, it just displayed the URL within [youtube] brackets. What did I do wrong? lol
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby stoopdapoop on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:13 am

joe, you need to get the real ID of the video, and not the one feature-related-or embedded at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQacmIV380

you can get it from the "URL" box under the description
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby xoqolatl on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 am

[i-didn't-read-the-whole-thread-mode]
Am I the only one who shot at Makarov and his henchmen right after they started killing civilians? I had to restart the mission and sit through it again, but still.
[/i-didn't-read-the-whole-thread-mode]
xoqolatl
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat