Mafia 2

Game discussion and other related chat.

Mafia 2

Postby Phott on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Title says it all.

So I just finished this game and I gotta say I'm impressed, the game was brilliant and it ran great on my computer. Looked better than GTA IV in terms of graphic too without any lag, and it was bound to be a comparison between the two on so many aspects. I'm not going to go into any detail on that, but I found a hilarious "easter egg" in one of the chapters where I found a guy reciting the lines from Zero Wing ("Somebody set us up the bomb" etc).

Not quite sure how to take the ending... It was dramatic and quick, and now I feel empty. Well.. Mostly when I've finished any game of epic proportions I feel empty.

Also.. Playboys. Mmmmmmm.

So did anyone else enjoy this fine piece?
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mafia 2

Postby paws on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm playing through it at the moment and whilst there are some very fun sections I'm finding too much of it involves walking somewhere and then pressing e. A prime example of this being where you to walk for ages (because running was disallowed in this particular area) to some urinals.... which you then had to clean.

Every time I get into the game, and some parts are really fun, the flow gets broken by some weird arbitrary task that must be completed or the game decides to once again take all the money you've spent time building up.
paws

Postby Gary on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

From the pictures, graphics seem pretty good, I also say they had a bunch of shadow-mapped lights everywhere. What video card do you have?

I plan on getting the demo soon, if that turns out great then maybe I'll try and get it, but that is still unlikely, I am more of a Halo/MW/GOW kinda gamer.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby kirby2112 on Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Anybody know if there's any way to alter the physics so it does just the partical stuff and not the cloth? Because, the cloth is extremely demanding, but it doesn't allow me to change it so I can have certain physics effects enabled. I could run it without the cloth...... But that's what ruins it. Anyone know if there's a way to change that?
"I know the second I turn around, he's going to get up. He didn't do it. He didn't do it again. Maybe he's dead? OHHHHHHHHHHHSHIIIIITTTTDAMN HE'SNOTDEADFUCK"
kirby2112
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Armageddon on Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 pm

This sure was an ultra bump, but this is by far one of my favorite games of all time. And it's always fun just to drive around the city and rob shops and listen to the great music. The whole game really felt like walking into a Norman Rockwell painting.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby kirby2112 on Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Armageddon wrote:This sure was an ultra bump, but this is by far one of my favorite games of all time. And it's always fun just to drive around the city and rob shops and listen to the great music. The whole game really felt like walking into a Norman Rockwell painting.

I'm so glad another person also enjoys the music! I prefer delta radio myself... :-D
"I know the second I turn around, he's going to get up. He didn't do it. He didn't do it again. Maybe he's dead? OHHHHHHHHHHHSHIIIIITTTTDAMN HE'SNOTDEADFUCK"
kirby2112
Regular
Regular

Return to Gaming Chat