Crysis 3

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Crysis 3

Postby DarkIceJack on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Yay
Have played about 3 to 4 hours of the single player so far and it is really good, they have combined the first to games really well, and have made improvements on the last one like not having to push F to have to look at something and instead having little cut scenes

I would get at least a gtx 670 to play the game though (i am waiting on mine, will come on Monday), at the moment i have a HD6850 and there is still some lag even on medium to high settings.

But other than that its a cool game
Time is but a movement inside a stillness; as the hands of a clock seem to race against time
DarkIceJack
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Blink on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm

First impressions of the single player are... average.

Psycho doesn't even look or sound the same anymore, which is really off putting. I'm struggling to put my finger on it but I'm getting the same kind of "meh" feeling from Crysis 2. Combat feels awkward, FOV is too low, voice acting so far is hilarious.

I'll keep playing and persevere at some point but it doesn't make me want to play like Dishonored did for example.

:(
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Knights on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 am

Blink wrote:First impressions of the single player are... average.

Psycho doesn't even look or sound the same anymore, which is really off putting. I'm struggling to put my finger on it but I'm getting the same kind of "meh" feeling from Crysis 2. Combat feels awkward, FOV is too low, voice acting so far is hilarious.

I'll keep playing and persevere at some point but it doesn't make me want to play like Dishonored did for example.

:(
I completely agree... I liked and hated crysis 2 it was just a pretty game to me with game play thrown in. This ones pretty much the same but damn got to love that engine! :smt041 I have a GTX570 and set the graphics to high the very high setting was playable but just a bit much for my system. The guys at GiantBomb did a quick look and they couldn't max it out. I really don't understnad for a game reviewing site that they can't get a top of the line PC to play these games. I really understand why this game is going off course of the open world type game I thought they were going to continue with the rest of them... :? Having such an awesome engine to work with I really hope you guys end the crysis game already, but knowing EA it's a name brand now.. :oops:
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Armageddon on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 am

I just want a Turok mod with the bow and arrow.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby nub on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 am

Not to bash Crysis or anything, but I REALLY want to see the engine applied to more IPs. And not cheesy MMORPGs or more shooters; some real, interesting shit.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pk_hunter on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 am

A fair few reviews mention negatively that the game runs poorly on maximum settings (read in suit voice) even on high-end PCs.
I can't see why that's a negative point at all. The game looks fucking fantastic on high settings, pretty great on medium and damn passable on low settings which caters to just about any recent system. The fact that it is also future-proofed for upcoming hardware advances with a ridiculous ultra setting is a solution to what PC gamers* have been whining about for years - current-gen consoles holding back graphical advances in our poorly ported games. Well here's what happens when a dev makes a game suited for a PC with properly scalable graphics for tomorrow's hardware. It's awesome.

As for gameplay, the singleplayer is as forgettable as ever but I think the multiplayer will keep me entertained for a good while. Well, until Endgame for BF3 comes out anyway.

*Myself included.
pk_hunter
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Blink on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Over £10 off this game already! Punished for picking the game up early. Thanks EA.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby DarkIceJack on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am

I got $10 off when i pre-perchased the game because i am a frequent customer at the website i got it from.
Time is but a movement inside a stillness; as the hands of a clock seem to race against time
DarkIceJack
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 pm

pk_hunter wrote:A fair few reviews mention negatively that the game runs poorly on maximum settings (read in suit voice) even on high-end PCs.
I can't see why that's a negative point at all. The game looks fucking fantastic on high settings, pretty great on medium and damn passable on low settings which caters to just about any recent system. The fact that it is also future-proofed for upcoming hardware advances with a ridiculous ultra setting is a solution to what PC gamers* have been whining about for years - current-gen consoles holding back graphical advances in our poorly ported games. Well here's what happens when a dev makes a game suited for a PC with properly scalable graphics for tomorrow's hardware. It's awesome.

Ultra settings probably include super sampling anti-aliasing (or something similar), which is obviously a ridiculous resource hog. It's really only meant to experiment with and isn't intended to be a defining visual feature for any game. There's other types of anti-aliasing that achieve an easily desirable effect at a much smaller impact to the framerate.

I wonder if hardware will ever get powerful to the point where maxed out SSAA will be a cakewalk. Could you imagine how much the quality bar would raise? The most generic of games would look ultra sharp and slick.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby tripmind on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 am

can i choke out a korean in crysis 3?
tripmind
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat