Far Cry 3

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby MaK on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:08 am

The sting rays in this game are huge for some reason.

Also I think the SSAO is that way to make the characters "pop" more, just like all the bad guys in coop are conveniently dressed in red.
MaK

Postby Armageddon on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 am

I just want to say I have seen sting rays that size in real life.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Sathor on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:48 pm

I didn't know there are sting rays in the game!
Didn't see one yet ... where do you find them? I only see sharks.

If anyone wants to play coop with me (Europe) and another friend of mine, you are welcome to contact me! Would really laugh to play coop with more people.

It does not seem possible to create custom coop levels, right?
Sathor

Postby srredfire on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Someone buy me this game.

I'll be waiting.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 pm

srredfire wrote:Someone buy me this game.

I'll be waiting.

I want to play co-op with srredfire, so someone buy me this.

I'll be waiting too.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Plague on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Dr. Delta wrote:
srredfire wrote:Someone buy me this game.

I'll be waiting.

I want to play co-op with srredfire, so someone buy me this.

I'll be waiting too.

I want to coop with some cool dudes, so someone please buy them this.
Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 am

Bought this today, i must say im enjoying being eaten by alligators and tigers.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby srredfire on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:43 am

UMMMMMM SO IF SOMEONE GETS ME THING I'LL UH GIVE THEM A LIMITED EDITION DRAWING AND PICTURE AND UHHH MAYBE SOME STEAM GAMES IN MY INVENTORY UHHH I DUNNO UHHH MERRY CHRISTMAS UHHH
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby goldendeed on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:26 am

Ahahahaha this game is terrific :D lots of beautiful exploration, and balanced game play. It feels similar to borderlands in some ways, the occasional npc grinding, but each "radio tower" you activate is different and when they are towering so far away and then you scale it you feel accomplished. Crazy wildlife, very entertaining ahahahah. I once saw a cassowary chasing a leopard chasing a water buffalo with pigs freaking out everywhere, on a mountain. The skills and gun selection is great, along with customization and crafting. The menus are a little clunky but not too bad. good stuff. good stuff indeed.
goldendeed
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:51 am

So get this. Im chasing this civilian trying to kill her, I run into an outpost of the mercs. They throw a molotov at my windsheild and it sets this bridge on fire, and my trucks tires pop and i go into the river, as soon as i got out of the burning truck to put out fire on my right arm (above water) and to get my head out of the water (drowning) an aligator instantly eats me as soon as i get out the truck.

so molotov to windsheild > tires pop, bridge burns > i start drowning > get out truck > alligator instantly eats me > picture

I lol'd so hard. I wish i had a video.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby urbanebula on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Glitches in open world games are almost always fantastic because they usually don't hinder your progress.

Having gotten a boxed copy of Far Cry 3 I must say that getting the damn thing to run was a pain in the arse. Finally got it going though and it's the most fun I've had with a game since Skyrim.

Best glitch I've seen was a couple of rebels in a jeep driving head on into an oncoming pirate technical. The vehicles were both totalled and the occupants climbed out. No sooner than their feet touched the floor, all 3 pirates shot into the sky in unison, ragdollised, then tumbled back down again. Rebels just stood there, generally not giving a single fuck.

Was going to record some gameplay to give my first impressions but decided against it. Wish I had now. :(
urbanebula

Postby DocRock on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:04 am

The editor is really pretty easy to use and has tons of props available to spruce up your maps. I really like the set-up of the editor. I've made several maps for all the different multiplayer modes. Here's a video of part of one I've recently released called "Nomads Grief"

[youtube]http://youtu.be/_gA5EDG6rZA[/youtube]
DocRock
Regular
Regular

Postby srredfire on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 am

I fixed your link because I'm really really nice.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sathor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:42 am

It is a shame you can't make maps for cooperative mode, though. I really enjoyed playing with friends.
Sathor

Postby ThePain on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

nub wrote:I mean, yeah, the F-bomb got tossed around a bit in FC2, but the dialog just felt way more organic and realistic. I might actually go replay FC2 since I really liked it despite its flaws.

Yes I know in real life my friends and I never pause for breath show emotion or talk in anything but long run on sentences it makes communicating easier when you don't know where one thought ends and the other begins sometimes we feel the need to pause when we reach the end of a thought but we've worked past that as we see it is a waste of time we are very glad that farcry 2 took the time to show how real conversations work with everyone talking as quickly as possible in bland monotonous voices making some people think that the game company was renting the recording space and were on a very tight budget so they had to get all the voice overs done as quickly as possible and all in one take unlike as you can see I'm using sarcasm because FC2 had the worst voice acting in any game I have ever heard and yes I have seen those Japanese rpgs where every line is delivered in a lack luster and half-assed manor but in the case of those games they at least paused for breath I feel inclined to believe you're just being sarcastic and it's coming across so dryly it's impossible to detect through text.

Farcry 2 is one of the few games so terrible I've actually raised hell with a store manager over until I was given a full refund. Just an awful awful linear buggy half-assed piece of garbage. FC3 is amazing though.
Last edited by ThePain on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Chat