Texture Issue In-game.

PC related discussion and other issues.

Texture Issue In-game.

Postby Epifire on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 am

Hey quick question about this issue I have been having on my new computer.

As you can see this checkered board pattern appears over textures, and some textures just don't come up at all. Figured the answer would be easy enough, but I just never encountered it before. Btw if this by any chance has anything to do with my Graphics hardware (being a GTX 580) or my OS (being Windows 7) then I just thought I would post that in advance.
Epifire

Re: Texture Issue In-game.

Postby Gambini on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 am

Is that an user map? Seems like the cubemaps are refered but missing. Try clearing all caches and build cubemaps again if it´s a map from yours (or better copy the bsp from hammer´s folder and run cubemaps again).
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Epifire on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:15 am

Yeah that is a stock Valve map right there in the pics. I thought that looked like some thing to do with cubemaps. One thing to note is that the same thing happens with Counter Strike as well, all of which I just installed today.
Epifire

Postby Gambini on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:34 am

Well, last time i replaced my GPU (and that was long ago :cry: ) I had similar issues with another game. I fixed them by deleting all kind of cache files. Try writting flush in the console. That clears all texture caches.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Epifire on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 am

Tried the flush command with cheats enabled and what not so that the command would work, but I still did not see any results. Wondering what caches I would have to clear or replace.

A few minuets later I tried to Validate cache files, and found that 53 failed to validate. Steam stated they would be re-acquired, so what do?
Epifire

Postby Gambini on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:30 am

Remove local content and download it again, it may take just a few hours if your connection is somewhat fast.

All this time, though, i have been talking of the kind of cache files where graphics are stored in the native format of the GPU. Which are meant to have faster load times, in case of a GPU replacement, those cache files become obsolete. The cache files you´re refering, instead, are those where the actual game is stored. I don´t know how that could help but if the validate thing tells you they´re broken, go ahead and download them again.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Text_Fish on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 am

This may be a silly question, but have you updated to the very latest nvidia drivers rather than the ones on the installation disk Epi?

I had a similar issue in Oblivion when I switched GPU's once.
Mappers Top Tip #548
Lighting: The arrangement, hue and intensity of one or multiple light sources.
Lightning: A dazzling discharge of electric sparks in the atmosphere, often preceding thunder.
Text_Fish
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Epifire on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Took the advice from both of you, so I upgraded my drivers and re-downloaded and it all works fine.

Thanks for the good quick help guys.
Epifire

Return to Hardware & Software