Total War Shogun 2

PC related discussion and other issues.

Total War Shogun 2

Postby kirby2112 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

I recently bought this game, and despite my halfway decent pc, I can't run this game at a playable framerate on any settings, even the lowest. My friend has it, and his computer is a peice of shit. It can only just run Killing Floor, and yet he plays this. I can run crysis warhead on gamer settings with no problem. Crysis 2 on very high at 60-70 fps. Why can't I run this game? I gave up for a while, and upon trying again recently, it decided to not work at all as opposed to just low fps. Could anyone help me out a bit?

Specs:
gtx 260m 1 gig of vram

dual core 2.6 ghz processor

4 gigs of ram

running at 1366x768 resolution.
"I know the second I turn around, he's going to get up. He didn't do it. He didn't do it again. Maybe he's dead? OHHHHHHHHHHHSHIIIIITTTTDAMN HE'SNOTDEADFUCK"
kirby2112
Regular
Regular

Re: Total War Shogun 2

Postby skoften on Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm

My friend has a regular 260 and he can play it on High. I think your CPU is the problem. Total War is one of these games that, like bf3 and gta4 ask a lot from the processor.

2.6 dual core is kinda ambigious. Be more specific. And I also don't know what kind of crap you have running in the background.
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dives on Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby kirby2112 on Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Dives wrote:Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Did that.
"I know the second I turn around, he's going to get up. He didn't do it. He didn't do it again. Maybe he's dead? OHHHHHHHHHHHSHIIIIITTTTDAMN HE'SNOTDEADFUCK"
kirby2112
Regular
Regular

Return to Hardware & Software