Age Old Question

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Age Old Question

Postby Chopium on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Boxers, definitely.
Chopium

Postby coder0xff on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm

So basically you're saying:
If you want a computer, build a PC.
If you want a useless decoration for your coffee table, buy a Mac.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sentura on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

coder0xff wrote:So basically you're saying:
If you want a computer, build a PC.
If you want a useless decoration for your coffee table, buy a Mac.

i thought this was an universal truth?
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby Unstoppable Florence on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm

I love how my ASUS mobo came with a program that has clocked my 760 from 2.8ghz to 3.66ghz. And it's stable. Epic win.
Dives wrote:Source is kinda like that really old guy in your family that keeps getting older and older and just won't die, but he tells really great stories. And craps the bed on occasion.
Unstoppable Florence
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby whiffen on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:20 am

I am on the PC side. Why?

- Cost, why pay more for less
- Not a hipster tea drinker, you heard me
- Better available components, wheres your 5970, oh wait
- Familiar more intuitive interface not designed for preschoolers
- Easy repair and maintenance

But most of all:

- Apple hipsters annoy the fuck out of me with the uninformed bullshit they spew everywhere. I will completely avoid ever buying a Mac just so I never get categorized into that group of people.

My boss loves Apple and buys any shiny piece of shit they put out. Yesterday she gloated to me that when she updated her iPhone it caused a fault in the phone and made it unusable. She told me it was out of warranty by 6 months but when she brought it in and told them about the updating issues they replaced hers with a new one. Because of this she has started claiming they are the best company in the world and always take care of the customers. (Yeah she was actually happy they had broken her phone)

... YOU ARE AWARE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO BROKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE RIGHT? IF I GOT UP AND SMASHED IN YOUR CARS WINDSHIELD THEN PAYED FOR A NEW ONE ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT MAKES ME A GOD? JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE DELIRIOUS. AND YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT ONLY APPLE THAT WOULD DO THIS KIND OF THING IF THEY WERE AT FAULT FOR BREAKING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Now I don't dislike apples products themselves, they do make some good stuff. They have a nice, clean and minimalistic design and they seem to work well for whatever people use them for, I'm guessing basic browsing I.E gloating on forums about the false sense of superiority that owning an iMac gives them and that they have more money than brains. They probably even draw pictures of themselves masturbating horses in there super advanced painting program, I don't know these just seem like things iMac users would do.

So while I don't mind the hardware itself the higher price point provides me with no real benefits. Why would I want to pay more just for an OS I don't like, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Also can you do this mac fags? I THINK NOT. ENJOY YOUR SHITTY PICTURE AND MOVIE EDITING PROGRAMS THAT YOU WILL NEVER USE WHILE I PLAY GAMES AT 5760x1080 FULL SETTINGS AT MORE THAN 5FPS.

- An unbiased review by the Whiffenman

Typical mac user: Image
Last edited by whiffen on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiffen
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Gary on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:35 am

Iphone 4G. The only apple product I will ever get.

I agree with whiffen on many of his points.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Plague on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:46 am

I work it out like this,
I like my PC for work/Gaming/normal at home stuff.
But I have an Air for the purpose of portability.

I dont use macs for much else though. Laptops are nice, since we all know that all other laptops are shit compared to Apple laptops.

speaking of Macs, you guys hear that Apple and Valve are working together to provide a "Graphics" update?
Basically Apple is giving a software update that tries to optimize it as much as possible. They claim some pretty good performance improvement on most more current Apple computers.
Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 am

The way I look at it, iPads are utterly pointless. They are basically huge ass iPhones without the phone part.

So, iPads are like PDAs. PDAs died, because why carry another device around when you can just get a phone that can do everything PDAs can and more. Though, really, all Macs feel like PDAs to me, they can't do anything my desktop can.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby coder0xff on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 am

One of my professors (a CS PhD no less) got an iPad recently and was saying how awesome it was - he used it to find his way around campus and such. I was admittedly surprised by how thin and light it seemed, but I was tempted to tell him that my phone did the same thing, and that a net book does more and costs less. I played dumb though.

He was talking to the class about the progress of technology, and might have just been talking about his iPad for the sake of his point and purchased it out of obligation of exploring facets of current tech... or maybe he's just a dope. lol
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chopium on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:57 am

The egg, obviously.
Chopium

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion