I have the ability to know what some one is thinking

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: I have the ability to know what some one is thinking

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 pm

The point of all this isn't to correct me where i may be wrong. The point of it is to stop being dicks and actually say if you have some cool ability. Like lick your elbow. Not "That was okay, fuck you, good bye" You guys are assholes. Serious thread guys.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Phott on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm

jangalomph wrote:The point of all this isn't to correct me where i may be wrong. The point of it is to stop being dicks and actually say if you have some cool ability. Like lick your elbow. Not "That was okay, fuck you, good bye" You guys are assholes. Serious thread guys.

Banter was serious, and what he wrote was well put, by the looks of it he even spent some time on it. To respond to YOU.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Banter you should have written that in the religion thread :P
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby coder0xff on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I think Banters post is mostly on topic. Of course it doesn't address my story.

Major Banter wrote:Not a philosopher or a psychic, or a hippy or whatever. And so is everyone else.

But I have to disagree here. I'm a "whatever".
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Sentura wrote:so you're a psychologist. congrats. next.

Nah, banters post was fine, it was cool to read :-D

But sentura.. pointless post.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby RefaelBA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 am

jangalomph wrote:The point of all this isn't to correct me where i may be wrong. The point of it is to stop being dicks and actually say if you have some cool ability. Like lick your elbow. Not "That was okay, fuck you, good bye" You guys are assholes. Serious thread guys.

Your ability is very easy to put to the test. Actually, it was in this very forum that someone posted a lecture by this guy that's doing research on this issue.

I saw the entire thing, it's interesting and fresh, and you might find yourself contributing to his research. I'd say that's a lot more than most interlopers had done for science. Give it a shot my friend!

As for me, I don't think I'll ever share my ability on the internet, especially not on an open board that anyone can access... Banter portrayed the common skeptic approach, do not be angry, after all I think it's only fair to discuss these things, especially on the Serious Discussion forum. Personally I'm somewhat of a skeptic that prefers experiments and proof, but I do have an open mind, given having a strange "ability" myself. Just don't expect people to abandon logic when they face a phenomenon they can't explain. Logic is a very good ground to stand on. *

* might not apply on Interlopers.net
RefaelBA

Postby KILLA-COW on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 am

I think you can just read peoples emotions, so can most people.

I am psychic, seriously here. I can guess the numbers people are thinking, I can guess the colours of cars when driving before they come past, I can guess a card, if there are four bottles you choose one and I'll know which one. But this POWER only works sometimes....

EDIT: See: Educated guessing.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sentura on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 am

jangalomph wrote:

you make it sound like this is a unique ability that you only possess. it's not, it's basically what psychologists do. as much as you don't want to hear it, you're far from the only one (albeit one could argue you would be the crazy one who'd think he has superhuman powers, but that's really beside the point).
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby RefaelBA on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 am

Sentura wrote:
jangalomph wrote:

you make it sound like this is a unique ability that you only possess. it's not, it's basically what psychologists do. as much as you don't want to hear it, you're far from the only one (albeit one could argue you would be the crazy one who'd think he has superhuman powers, but that's really beside the point).

You must understand that this simply isn't the topic here. I'm a skeptic too, but I won't try to debunk anything here, as this thread was meant for sharing experiences, even if they sound crazy to you or other people. So please stop scaring the repliers away! :D If it's too hard for you to hold off with the logical approach, simply treat this thread like a fantasy thread, or just ignore it altogether.
RefaelBA

Postby Furling on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Well, it is actually a very useful ability to have.
A week or so ago happened to see High Stakes poker where a player somehow guessed exact cards another player had.. 3 times in a row. No wonder he won over 200 thousand dollars in about 40 minutes.

Certainly there is absolutely nothing supernatural or weird in it. It's all about body language, way of speech etc. Some people research and study these things to learn to predict what other people may think (psychologists etc), for others it comes naturally (you may call it Instinct- the subconscious mind putting it all together for ya)

There's even quite an interesting TV show about this called "Lie to me" about this- even though the story itself is fictional, just as with most TV shows, the science behind it is real.
~ Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over ~

Stargate: Legacy a Half-Life2 modification. Learn more at http://www.stargatelegacy.net
Furling
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm

I remember once me and two friends were chatting outside my dorm building and all of a sudden we all felt this weight, or drop, or something bad. I walk out of my room in the morning and everyone is standing in their doors, seems the kid at the end of the hall had died in the night. Of course we were all on acid maybe that's why we could sense it.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby coder0xff on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:I remember once me and two friends were chatting outside my dorm building and all of a sudden we all felt this weight, or drop, or something bad. I walk out of my room in the morning and everyone is standing in their doors, seems the kid at the end of the hall had died in the night. Of course we were all on acid maybe that's why we could sense it.

Isn't it more likely that you falsely recall the exact details?
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sentura on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:14 pm

RefaelBA wrote:
Sentura wrote:
jangalomph wrote:

You must understand that this simply isn't the topic here. I'm a skeptic too, but I won't try to debunk anything here, as this thread was meant for sharing experiences, even if they sound crazy to you or other people. So please stop scaring the repliers away! :D If it's too hard for you to hold off with the logical approach, simply treat this thread like a fantasy thread, or just ignore it altogether.

i've seen more replies concerned with debunking his ability than actual shared experiences here. i just refuse not to inform them that their ability isn't unique, for the better of all.

PS: if he at least mentioned some sources in the OP and stopped presenting it as an universal truth (which is paradoxical really, as universe at best is subjective (see quantum science)), then i'd be more inclined to believe him. as of now, he just seems severely disillusioned to me. it would be like saying, "i apparently have the rare psychic ability to change people's view on certain things" instead of saying "oh i know NLP".

(for those interested, yes i do know NLP - not by book, but as an innate ability)
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

The "Perceived Circumstance" effect is definitely real. It also happens I think everytime you get frustrated. Have you ever yelled expletives at a machine asking "why does this thing never work" ignoring all the time it does work? However, that does not explain everything.

We do not know everything. We have a great scientific knowledge, but we must remember the philosophical basis of science, it's limits, it's abilities. Science is based entirely in perception and repeated stable experimentation. We do not know how consciousness works, is it a property of matter? Is everything conscious? Is it a form that emerges from complexity? Where does it exist, what is it made of? We can't very well examine consciousness itself directly, and we certainly can't explain it. Cognitive neuroscience is a very experimental and new field. Furthermore we cannot really test unusual mental phenomenon. We cannot observe telepathic connections so we cannot conclude that they exist, but that does not mean we can conclude that they do not exist. There many be other types of reality, other particles or waves of existence neither matter nor energy for all we know and as such we could not interact with them, could not know of them.

With all our science we have evolved little over the past few thousand years, especially mentally. An ancient baby raised in our time would be just as intelligent and capable as any of us. While we have dismissed many longstanding paranormal ideas as nonsense, I think we do that too quickly. We cannot ignore things that have been described and acknowledged for tens of thousands of years simply because we cannot at present completely describe, record, reproduce, explain, or, most importantly, DETECT, them.

As many of us know, Star Trek is completely accurate depiction of the future. In Star Trek, certain races telepathy is explained by special neurotransmitters, increased functions in some areas of the brain, additional brain lobes. We do not know what variations people today are born with, we do not fully understand the brain, and we do not know of any special circumstances that could activate latent and slight abilities in our mind that may be beginning to evolve.

We simply don't know, and we cannot simply dismiss people's experiences as detailed observation and description of experience is the fundamental core of the scientific method.

coder0xff wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:I remember once me and two friends were chatting outside my dorm building and all of a sudden we all felt this weight, or drop, or something bad. I walk out of my room in the morning and everyone is standing in their doors, seems the kid at the end of the hall had died in the night. Of course we were all on acid maybe that's why we could sense it.

Isn't it more likely that you falsely recall the exact details?

No despite tripping we were quite clear minded and having a conversation when suddenly everyone felt a weight and stopped talking asking each other "what just happened." Could've been a coincidence, could have been the manifestation of an unconcious perception in our peripheral vision.

I have for no good reason at all the belief that the mind, altered and engaged through drugs, electricity, technology, magnetism, environment, surgery, or who know what can be either unlocked, modified, or evolved to have amazing capabilities.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby KILLA-COW on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Everyone with a strange ability just prefers to believe the illogical rather than the logical.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion