Problems with stun in sleep.

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Problems with stun in sleep.

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 am

Armageddon wrote:
joe_rogers_11155 wrote:the real shitty thing is when you get a charlie-horse in your leg. That's when you get a deep piercing pain/cramp that typically originates at the back of your leg, right behind the knee and on the calf. OOOOOhhh, that fuckin' sucks.

And when you're woken up at 4 am with the sound of a phone ringing... :cry:

how about you dont mention that ever again :smt023 your steam account is still blocked
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Very good description. When I was in a sleep paralysis recently, this is "basically" what i saw grabbing at my chest and screeching.

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby nub on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:52 pm

I've never had this issue before. It's definitely strange. I didn't know you could get it this way though. I thought it only happened if your mind wakes up from deep sleep, while your body is still asleep.

It makes me wonder if intruder dreams (dreams where you can't move or speak at all and there's some threatening or fearful entity in your presence) are linked to sleep paralysis somehow. Maybe when you're paralyzed during the dreaming stage of your sleep, your mind may subconsciously realize your body is paralyzed and it affects your dream. Your mind remains sub-conscious while it tries to completely wake your body and in turn forms a dream or something. Maybe intruder dreams are waking dreams.

It's amazing how little we know about dreams and sleep itself. I think there's so much we could discover from it.

...I feel smart.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spike on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:27 am

BubbleQ wrote:Hey guys.

I have slept about one third of my life. I dream dreams sometimes and I have hard to sleep sometimes but there is something werid happening to me randomly, when I try to sleep/sleeping.

Let me explain... When I have been starting to sleep, I can suddenly wake up and find my slef "glued/magnetic" onto the bed. I can´t move my arms, not my legs and my middle body is stun. Also I can´t talk, I allways try to scream but my mouth will only sound like if I was out of air.
I lay there for a while, trying constantly to lift my arms or scream for my parents. When I give up I get back to sleep, but it is hard cuse I think of what if I never will be able to get my self up?
That was how it was like one year ago... (though it has been on for my whole lifetime)
In the present time it is abit diffrent, I have learned to controll it.
It starts as usual, proably just some minuites after I started to sleep. I am paralyzed... I try to stay calm and starting to lift my finger, very carefully, up and down. This takes about 20 seconds to do, after it is done I feel I have more and more controll over my hand and fingers. I do the same for my hand eventually, constant thinking of not getting panic! Suddenly I gain alot of power/strenght at once and I (sometimes) is able to lift my whole arm.
When I have done this the rest of the body folows pretty quick. I am now free and can breath. As I now have controll over this, still I am scared of getting back into sleep, what will happen next? Is it a dark power turning me down and it will now come back stronger? Making me paralyzed for maybe 15 minuites?
Eventually I get to sleep and wakes up in the morning, feeling good.

All this happens about 1 time every 3rd/4th mounth. It never comes like 5 nights a row or something.

I wonder if there is anyone here who have experienced the same feeling, or feeling is abit false to say cuse I can´t actually use my arms. They are stuck!
But it would be fun to hear more about this. My friends can not recall that it has happend to them anytime but my mother tells me she had the same thing when she was at my age, but maybe not so intence. I am 18 atm.
It was also her who helped me with the trick of using my finger at first.

Happy sleep everyone :D

It happened to me, I couldn't move my legs and I had to wait or sleep again till I could move them. Happens 1 time each 2 months or so
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 am

Well, like when i had mine, it was hands down.. the scariest and most intimidating thing i've ever gone through D:
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby TheDanishMaster on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 am

Never heard of lucid dreams before. So I googled it and found out that this happens to me pretty much everytime i sleep :/
Other than that I have some serious problems falling asleep. So far this week my average sleeping time is probably 4-5 hours which isnt much when its recommend to sleep 8-9 hours at my age. And then im tired as BOB SAGET!
Specs:
MSI P67A-GD55, Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge 2600k @ 3,4GHz, Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 1TB HDD, NVidia GTX580 1,5GB GDDR5, Blu-Ray drive
TheDanishMaster
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Jike on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 pm

you gotta sleep something dividable by 90 minutes... But this counts down from the moment you go to sleep, so you gotta count in the time you need until you fall asleep.

This is because of sleep stages, someone mentioned it I think.

Also, I might not know what it feels like to fall asleep, but during my second and last lucid dream ever I had probably one of the best feelings I've ever had. Waking up consciously. It was one of the most intense things I've ever felt.
Even though the moment from asleep to awake was something I'd describe as IMMEDIATELY I felt in that particular moment of IMMEDIATELYNESS my state of mind moving from unconscious to conscious, thus time actually passing.

My most intense dream ever actually was a postlucid dream within a dream during half-consciousness... And that was only during a nap of 10 minutes... I was performing Uberman back then! :D

Read interesting stuff here:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720
http://www.ld4all.com/guide.html

EDIT:

ShinobiWan wrote:
jangalomph wrote:Whats the best way to lucid dream? I really really wish i could lucid dream xD. I can only do it partially.

Long text is here: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34510#p452468

Holy shit, don't ruin it for me :O But a very interesting read indeed! :S

Hope all is well! :)
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby zXe on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

stoopdapoop wrote:But I rarely wake up paralyzed, what happens to me is that as I lye down to fall sleep I can feel it slowly creeping onto me. And it's the strangest sensation to slowly lose control of all of your muscles. The earlier I try to "break out" of it, the easier it is (and the less time it takes). But it's absolutely terrifying, especially the first few times it happens.

This is pretty much what happens for me. My body slowly drifting into a deep sleep, whereby the longer you just let your mind and body relax and not try to move, the more you feel yourself go paralysed and thus feeling more helpless. It's at this point that it becomes a conscious mental struggle to free yourself from this deep sleep that you are consciously aware of. To wake out of it (the best way I can describe), is to strain your mind and focus hard, so that you are trying to will your body to wake up again almost. Sometimes it can feel like it takes a long time, and when you do finally come out of it, it's like a sudden full body jolt followed by this calming relief. Usually though, for me at least because I'm still tired, I can easily drift back into this deep sleep again, thus have this falling asleep and waking process.

It can be a quite distressing experience, because the feeling in particular of losing the feeling in your body, like everything going heavy and paralysed; such as your chest, arms, legs etc. is horrible.
zXe
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby BubbleQ on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Oooh, I had forgot about this thread^^ I don´t know really why but I haven't got any paralysis after I got everything explained. Now I got really interested again, the dreams are as nub says: something we do know very little about! Why do the body often wake up and creates some kind of cliffhanger in the dreams? The awareness of waking up is somethingI have thought much on lately.
Though I am too tired to keep writng on this post, haven't read through any posts above yet and I have to update myself again :)
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion