Attack in Norway

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Attack in Norway

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:26 pm

@simpletool, the list you provided makes me feel that even though we have caught, analyzed, tried, convicted, sentenced, detained, and preserved ALL these creeps...there will always be more and more of them. It is an inescapable truth that nothing we do can deter their existance and their violent collisions with the people they hate and target. The idea that we can actually "learn something" that will assist in stopping future incidents...is an extremely optimistic idea and not much else. People who want to preserve the monsters are probably more personally curious about "the inner workings of a deranged mind" than they are about maybe diffusing the next catastrophe.

All I am saying is that I want some swift fucking justice and I want the death penalty, and I don't want the death penalty trials to cost more than the price of life imprisonment.
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04 pm

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:@simpletool, the list you provided makes me feel that even though we have caught, analyzed, tried, convicted, sentenced, detained, and preserved ALL these creeps...there will always be more and more of them. It is an inescapable truth that nothing we do can deter their existance and their violent collisions with the people they hate and target. The idea that we can actually "learn something" that will assist in stopping future incidents...is an extremely optimistic idea and not much else. People who want to preserve the monsters are probably more personally curious about "the inner workings of a deranged mind" than they are about maybe diffusing the next catastrophe.

All I am saying is that I want some swift fucking justice and I want the death penalty, and I don't want the death penalty trials to cost more than the price of life imprisonment.

Yeah, so basically you want the death penalty(end somebody's life) using a swift and cheap justice system?

Umm, so, i was gonna write a huge rant with arguments here, but Kate Upton appeared at my front door claiming she wanted to have sechs. Sorry, she goes first!
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MNM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 pm

How is what the one that performs the penalty does different from what the criminal did?
Last edited by MNM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby zombie@computer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm

MNM wrote:How is what the one that performs the penalty different from what the criminal did?

It has support from atleast two interlopers. Has to account for something.

ok, ill stop stupid rants now.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

zombie@computer wrote:Yeah, so basically you want the death penalty(end somebody's life) using a swift and cheap justice system?

For the guy who kills about 70 children with automatic weapons and is literally covered in their splattered blood and found standing on piles of their bodies, and feels absolutely no remorse and turns down an insanity defense...sure, let's burn him at the stake on live TV during a sports game, and let's do it within 30 days of the incident. There need be no trial for his insidious brutality.

For the guy who is suspected of one or two murders and he is trying to get out of it, and there is a decent amount of evidence but he was not filmed doing it, and we have to succeed in proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, then let's have an actual trial and do that. And maybe kill the guy, depending on the circumstances of the act.

The difference between the Norway killer's actions and the actions of an authority that wants to kill him is that the Norway killer is a morally bankrupt homicidal maniac and the authority is providing a form of justice and a small form of vengeance for the victims' families. There is never closure for the loss of a loved one but knowing that he is gone from this Earth would be a small comfort for them. Do NOT think you should let this monster live because you want to "take the high road" on the issue of capital punishment.

By the way, ladies and gentlemen (and this is totally off topic), Kate Upton.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MNM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

It's still doing the exact thing he's getting punished for
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby source-maps on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 pm

I say, let's put him on the cross like Jesus Christ, since he loved the guy so much he can be like him
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:14 pm

MNM wrote:It's still doing the exact thing he's getting punished for

If you are willing to equate the mindless slaughter of nearly 100 innocent people (many of them children with bright futures) with what would surely be the very humane execution of the 1 homicidal maniac who killed them...then what the fuck ever, bro. That sounds like a great moral code.

Fine, if you are simply not going to execute him for his crimes and remove his evil soul from the world, then at least I can hope for sixty-nine 21-year sentences for murder, which only counts the shooting spree. But to me, that is such a shitty deal for the victims. After all, I'm sure the Norwegian penal system will be very accomodating to his needs (three meals a day, access to fitness, library, and paid prison work, all on the Norwegian dime), and they will be very happy to try and "rehabilitate" him for the rest of his healthy, murderous, fuckheaded life.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MNM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey now, He killed. If he got the death penalty we killed. How/why etc. Doesn't matter here. Still the same action
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Spike on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

I actually do agree with death penalty. Some people deserve no mercy. I my family got killed, the last thing I would want is to see the murderer stay some years or his entire life in prison, spending money from the goverment.
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby LordDz on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 am

Spike wrote:I actually do agree with death penalty. Some people deserve no mercy. I my family got killed, the last thing I would want is to see the murderer stay some years or his entire life in prison, spending money from the goverment.

No offense man, but death penalty is actually more expensive.
http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42
"California could save $1 billion over five years by replacing the death penalty with permanent imprisonment."
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby bitPanther on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 am

I don't agree with the supposed death penalty, in the end it makes the persecutors no different than the murderer. There is absolutely no justification for a death penalty. It does not solve any problem, it does not benefit anyone at all. I agree that he is more valuable imprisoned, so at least he can be used to track down other extremists of his kind. And I definitely don't ever see him being a free man again.

I think that the death penalty and life sentence penalties are appropriate when the prison system is incapable of rehabilitating people to be able to function positively in normal society, which is characteristic of the United State's prison system - where most people who are convicted of felony will likely end up back in prison after they are released (not solving a problem), however Norway is one of very countries in the world that actually has correctional facilities that work, the US doesn't have them, nor the UK, or many other world powers.
bitPanther
Regular
Regular

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:48 am

bitPanther wrote:Norway is one of very countries in the world that actually has correctional facilities that work

Tell me more, since I've been reading and I cant seem to find much evidence. I'm trying to see the other side but in my greasy, hate-filled, American heart, I see this man's slow violent death as a great thing for the people of Norway...and the world in general.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MNM on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 am

How is it a good thing for us? I'd much rather have him have a terrible long life than get killed when those are the only two options.
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Simpletool on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:15 am

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:Tell me more, since I've been reading and I cant seem to find much evidence. I'm trying to see the other side but in my greasy, hate-filled, American heart, I see this man's slow violent death as a great thing for the people of Norway...and the world in general.

Here you go. Consider I'm pretty fucking wasted right now I was still still able to pull them up. Stop being lazy please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... icide_rate

U.S. recidivism
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=17

Norway recidivism
http://www.newsoxy.com/features/recidiv ... 28356.html
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion