Help me find this newage/composers song?*

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Help me find this newage/composers song?*

Postby Jangalomph on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 am

Recently on youtube, I discovered this composer who had dug through his old tapes from 20 sum years ago. When played through they were very distorted, repetitive, and some what calming. You could hear some instruments like trumpets etc very faintly at times. I know this song was 9 minutes or so long. Dealt with ambient tracks. His name delt with a "D" I think. The post i saw on youtube said something about dissilation, or desolation. From what I know its just a composer who looked through his old recordings and found them to be very worn out and broken, but then decided to release these tracks from 20+ years ago. He's regarded as some kind of new style ambient inspiration.

I checked youtube history, Like history etc. Couldn't find the video. Looked for videos of how i got to it. Couldn't find it. I have the exact sound in this song below.

Its the first sound you hear in this song! it goes like humm humm HUMM (Not the voices humming, but the instrument). dunno how else to explain it.

Please help? :wink:
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Help me find this newage/composers song?*

Postby Zecrah on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 am

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you mean, but it's a possibility:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zijun01#p/u/28/zPhuyMYy9EI

I recorded these pieces in the 1980s and recently recovered them from twenty-year-old cassette tapes. The first excerpt is from a work that was recorded at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. The other songs were recorded at Carleton University in Ottawa...

Check the rest of his channel too. I noticed some of the videos are also recent, which also made me think this may be it.

:D ?
Major Banter wrote:Zecrah, you've come from nowhere yet have rapidly become a Hammer God.

Wtf.

Check out my weapons tutorial
Zecrah
Design Section Moderator

Re: Help me find this newage/composers song?*

Postby Jangalomph on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Eh, the piece i'm looking for isn't electronica. I think it was literally a classical music piece such as max richter, that was distorted.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Media