Adding Shader Editor to 2013 SDK

Grab your favourite IDE and tinker with the innards of game engines

Adding Shader Editor to 2013 SDK

Postby Aus_Karlos on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:33 am

So i've decided to dip my hand in some shaders and i thought i'd try out the Shader Editor from Biohazard from the Valve wiki page but im currently stuck on trying to implement it into my Mod.
It states the following..
If you're using the SDK 2013, add the following definition to a $PreprocessorDefinitions variable in your client VPC project: SOURCE_2013. The default projects already have this variable in their $Compiler blocks. Add the new definition at the end, after a semicolon.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... stallation

Ok so ive found the $Compile block in the client_base.vpc (Im assuming thats the correct one), what is it telling me i have to add?
Under Construction
mg_sawI
Aus_Karlos
Regular
Regular

Re: Adding Shader Editor to 2013 SDK

Postby Major Banter on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Sheeeeiiiiitttttttt, this works for Source 2013? I need to get this working as well.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Vicpop on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Find a $PreprocessorDefinitions line inside $Compile, and at the end of the line inside the quotes, put a semicolon and paste SOURCE_2013 after it without a space
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Aus_Karlos on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 am

I can't believe that was it. I had it a different way by adding a new $PreprocessorDefinitions line with SOURCE_2013 and all it did was crash the game if i tried loading the game with -shaderedit.
But adding it to the first $PreprocessorDefinitions line at the end makes it functional.
Thanks Vicpop
Under Construction
mg_sawI
Aus_Karlos
Regular
Regular

Return to Programming