Hemuuuli - Level design

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

3.71 out of 5 (7 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

Hemuuuli - Level design

Postby Hemuuuli on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Portfolio

Name: Samuli "Hemuuuli" Jääskeläinen

About me:
I am Samuli Jääskeläinen from Finland, I speak both finnish and english and have been modding and designing games my entire life. Seriusly, I drew custom maps for games before I started school while others drew whatever children usually draw. First I got into modding when I got PC during my primary school and started making custom content to the games such as Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Age of Empires II, later Quake 2 and Half-Life and finally to Half-Life 2. Now I am practicing UDK, AGS, modelling and texturing. I have used various diffirent editing tools for games and adapt quite quicky from tool to another. Most of my best work is done in source so this is source only portfolio. I have also made board games and pen&paper storytelling games. I am at the moment applying for schools where I can develop my skills in game development further.

Education:
Lapinlahti senior high school in visual arts

Currently working on:
AGS game
Demons versus humans

Available:
Feel free to contact me, I am most likely busy though.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2: Nova Sniping, Greenhouse Hunting, Imprudent Trek Above Streets

1. Nova Sniping 2. Greenhouse Hunting 3. Imprudent Trek Above Streets

These maps are made for Planet Phillip's mapping competitions: Sniperville, Hunterville and Rooftopville. I got honorable mention in Sniperville because of the innovative gameplay and I won the first place in Rooftopville. My map for Hunterville was also liked but it felt too cramped and I failed to guide player properly in one section of the map.

Demons Versus Humans: dvh_asylum

I am one of the mappers for HL2 modification Demons versus humans. The map is made by me and all the custom content is provited by other team members.

Alien Swarm: Cold Catwalks

When the Alien Swarm came out I made a small one map campaing called Cold Catwalks. I liked the game and enjoyed mapping for it quite a bit. My map is extremely hard and I should upload more recent and nerfed map online someday. I just never got enough playtesters to test my map properly and it is still unfinished in gameplay section, graphics are final.

Ragnarok Arena: ra_cavern, ra_cliff, ra_prison, ra_rockethouse, ra_town

1. ra_town 2. ra_rockethouse 3. ra_prison 4. ra_cavern

I have made five offical maps for HL2 modification called Raganrok arena. Mapping for 2D movement was a comfortable wind from the past. I used to make Jazz Jackrabbit 2 maps when I was young.

Hidden source: hdn_adrenaline, hdn_coldblood, hdn_deadend, hdn_deathtrap, hdn_kindergarten, hdn_trials, hdn_waterpark

1. hdn_kindergarten 2. hdn_deathtrap 3. hdn_trials 4. hdn_waterpark

I love Hidden: Source and have made countless of custom maps for it. Hdn_kindergarden won a Hidden: Source custom map competition. I am collecting my hidden maps at the moment and doing a final checks so I could get rid of beta tags in the maps and release them all as a one pack.

NeoTokyo: nt_club_ctg

I liked the art assests of NeoTokyo and wanted to try them out by myself. The result is one of my largest multiplayer maps and I am quite happy with it. It is still going under some changes before I will make a final release.

If you want to see more please go to my photobucket album: http://www.photobucket.com/sjportfolio

Links:
Sniperville
Hunterville
Rooftopville
Demons versus Humans
Ragnarok Arena
Cold Catwalks
Hidden: source
NeoTokyo
Hemuuuli
Regular
Regular

Re: Hemuuuli - Level design

Postby source-maps on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 pm

cool stuff, gave it a 4
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby SotaPoika on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:36 am

More finnish modders, awesome! You got some pretty cool stuff like Source-Maps already mentioned. :)
SotaPoika
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:02 pm

nice work. its cool that you participated in most of phillip's competitions. did you do anything for voiceville or striderville?

also, nothing was better than jazz jackrabbit.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/092/4/7/Jazz_Jackrabbit_by_EspenG.jpg
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hemuuuli on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. ^^

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:did you do anything for voiceville or striderville?

I didn't have enough time for "big" project when Voiceville was running so I just skipped it. Unfortunatly the whole voiceville failed because there was zero submissions. As for Striderville, I have a map and I will update it here after the competition is over.
Hemuuuli
Regular
Regular

Return to Portfolios