Voice Actor Portfolio - Mitchell Lucas

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

4.00 out of 5 (2 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

Voice Actor Portfolio - Mitchell Lucas

Postby Obsidiaguy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Name: Mitchell "Obsidiaguy" Lucas
Email: mitchell.s.lucas@gmail.com

I've recently started really pursuing voice acting. I'm looking to build up a nice resume, and perhaps voice act for a living helping out with independent games, other independent and professional productions, and audio book narration. I am studying music production at a state college in a 'hands on' program. Because of this, I have a thorough understanding of mic placement and recording techniques, signal flow, and digital signal processing. I'm constantly trying to enhance the quality of the recordings I produce, and hope to add a sense of professionalism with my product to your mods/productions that will keep on par with their quality.

*UPDATE -May 2014-*
I've graduated with an Associate Degree in Audio Production and have voiced a lot of awesome indie games. My new sound design/voiceover reel showcases some sound design I've done as well for a recent project that went to kickstarter.

You can find my portfolio site here: http://www.mitchellslucas.com

Here's my newest demo reel:

NEW DEMO REEL (May 2014)
Last edited by Obsidiaguy on Sun May 11, 2014 5:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
Obsidiaguy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Voice Actor Portfolio - Mitchell Lucas

Postby pk_hunter on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Some good stuff! Your action game boss fight one is a tad on the wrong side of cheesy, but the rest are actually very convincing, and it's always lovely to see someone else appreciate a proper mic setup. Very clean recordings.

Would you be at all interested in lending your talents to The Core?
pk_hunter
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby nub on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:58 pm

If you want to post youtube videos, use the youtube BBcode tag:

Code: Select all
[youtube]<youtube video URL (not embed code)>[/youtube]

Anyway, I checked out a few of the recordings on your portfolio and I have to say you're not bad. Not bad at all. However, I think you should post some line readings without any ambiance or music playing in the background in case someone really wants to analyze your voice acting.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Obsidiaguy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:53 pm

pk_hunter wrote:Some good stuff! Your action game boss fight one is a tad on the wrong side of cheesy, but the rest are actually very convincing, and it's always lovely to see someone else appreciate a proper mic setup. Very clean recordings.

Would you be at all interested in lending your talents to The Core?

I had to laugh on the 'wrong side of cheesy' remark. I imagined an old xbox console game when I recorded it. Thanks for the feedback!

I would definitely be interested in helping out. I'm very impressed by what I see on your page. Just let me know.

nub wrote:If you want to post youtube videos, use the youtube BBcode tag:

Code: Select all
[youtube]<youtube video URL (not embed code)>[/youtube]

Anyway, I checked out a few of the recordings on your portfolio and I have to say you're not bad. Not bad at all. However, I think you should post some line readings without any ambiance or music playing in the background in case someone really wants to analyze your voice acting.

I'll add them again, but this is what I thought I did. Thanks. (figured it out... forgot the "http://")
Thanks for the feedback as well. I do have a couple dry recordings on my soundcloud. I might throw those up on the ol' portfolio site.
Obsidiaguy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Knights on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Very nice, I respect what you're doing very much because A LOT of games will destroy the main character and others by having awful voice acting. Look at Deus EX and how just his voice alone spawned so many people to love that game it...
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby InterValve on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey Obsidiaguy what mike do you use and how do you set it up?
InterValve
Regular
Regular

Postby Obsidiaguy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Thank you Knights. I feel like if there are level designers, programmers, modelers, texture artists, and sound/music artists spending hours and hours working on a game, then the least the voice actors can do is put a little effort into their contribution.

InterValve,

I use a Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone connected to an E-MU 1616m sound interface with a Mogami cable (quality cables are a must). I use the interface as my preamp and I use the Patchmix DSP software that came with the interface to add EQ and compression to the mic input. I then record into any DAW with that setup, and only use the DAW for reverb or other crazy effects, and noise reduction.
Obsidiaguy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby otihome2469 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 pm

you have a good voice man, keep it up.
otihome2469
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Epifire on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:05 am

You got a interesting voice that would go over very well with certain kinds of characters. While a deeper voice generally fills announcer rolls better, you pull across some really interesting and captivating lines for direct voice overs. I could definitely expect to hear this kind of voice for a villain in a game.

Quite inspiring stuff you got there, especially since I am getting into a lot more sound design myself. So thanks for posting to us here at Interlopers.
Epifire

Postby Obsidiaguy on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks otihome and Epifire. I appreciate all the feedback!
Obsidiaguy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Portfolios