Oilcake Productions - Portfolio Site

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

4.00 out of 5 (1 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

Oilcake Productions - Portfolio Site

Postby Oilcake on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey, everyone! I know it's not an actual portfolio post, but I've just launched my new portfolio site, www.oilcakeproductions.com. I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have... Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Oilcake

Re: Oilcake Productions - Portfolio Site

Postby shadowmancer471 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Looks good, layout and background seems decent enough
Only concern at a quick glance is I can't browse through the pictures on the homescreen without having to exit the picture back to the main page again (in order to reselect a new one)
Adding an arrow to the next picture that automatically loads up the next picture in line would be pretty cool
shadowmancer471
Regular
Regular

Postby Epifire on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 am

You could have a gallery designed collection so that you could scroll through them all if you liked, but have it bring up the selected picture from the scroll gallery instead of just having a mass collection of pictures with no way of knowing what map they belong to.

Otherwise I like the setup a lot imo. Pretty much sums up how I would like my own site when I get around to it.
Epifire

Postby Blink on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Maps look great, design is nice but whatever you used to code the site is pretty hideous. Table based layouts are last decade's news ;)
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Oilcake on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 am

Hmmm, thanks for the input, guys... Dealing with screenshots has been bugging me a lot, I'm definitely gonna have to think about that more... As for the layout, yeah it's table-based, but it's simple and has a similar layout to many portfolio sites out there, and that's simply what I was going for. For better or worse! :D
Oilcake

Postby Stormy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Lightbox would be ideal here. Make sure you read the docs, there's a few features you'll want to know about for that page, such as multiple galleries on one page.

As for the portfolio, very nice. I'll have to download them and have a go. I think I did a playthrough of down on the farm...
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Portfolios