Texture site

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Re: Texture site

Postby MayheM on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Well what kind of textures are we talking about here? I am assuming you meant that in jest but I may be able to do some for you. I am at work right now and can not really do much here, and it is not likely I could have them to you as fast as tomorrow more like this weekend but if it is something I can do I am willing to help out...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby krainert on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:02 pm

MayheM wrote:Well what kind of textures are we talking about here? I am assuming you meant that in jest but I may be able to do some for you. I am at work right now and can not really do much here, and it is not likely I could have them to you as fast as tomorrow more like this weekend but if it is something I can do I am willing to help out...

Damn, I love Interlopers. You guys are awesome :)

Yes, I was kidding, but should you feel the urge, what I'm looking for is traditional-English-house'ish brick and plaster walls. Valve's walls have gotten kind of bland... Not to mention obsolete in resolution and use of normal mapping. Anyway, if you could make a few textures, that'd be awesome!
Last edited by krainert on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krainert
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Major Banter on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Krainert you cunt, I just realised you're taking the piss out of one of my threads in your sig.

No custom textures for you.

Ok, maybe some.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby krainert on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Major Banter wrote:Krainert you cunt, I just realised you're taking the piss out of one of my threads in your sig.
No custom textures for you.
Ok, maybe some.

Hah! It's my evil master plan 8)
krainert
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby trcc on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am

MayheM wrote:I actually find it very relaxing. If I get an idea or a theme in my head I can crank out 25 or 50 textures in a day. Sometimes more then that. I do all my stuff from real world photos though, some people make them from scratch. That I find less interesting however no less impressive when you see the final result...

But you have no portfolio? you just make textures for fun and you don't show them to anybody, don't work for mod team? Can we see your textures used in actual maps?! I doubt you can produce 50 high quality texture a day. Otherwise, you'd be working at Valve!

Or maybe I'm missing something in the picture. :lol:
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Surfa on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:23 pm

trcc wrote:
MayheM wrote:I actually find it very relaxing. If I get an idea or a theme in my head I can crank out 25 or 50 textures in a day. Sometimes more then that. I do all my stuff from real world photos though, some people make them from scratch. That I find less interesting however no less impressive when you see the final result...

But you have no portfolio? you just make textures for fun and you don't show them to anybody, don't work for mod team? Can we see your textures used in actual maps?! I doubt you can produce 50 high quality texture a day. Otherwise, you'd be working at Valve!

Or maybe I'm missing something in the picture. :lol:

Cranking out 50 texture per day is simple if you are just whacking out tiling photographs with a bit of editing and a quick generated normal map.
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to Web Design & Development