New blog/website/portfolio

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

New blog/website/portfolio

Postby Garrador on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello hello.

Just got a new design up and running. Changed my former homepage design and moved everything onto wordpress. I simply like it better, and don't have time to make my own stuff ;)

Anyways, a lot of content has not been moved over yet (portfolio images, "about me" info, etc), but will do later tonight and tomorrow.

The design is ready tho, and I have a few blog posts in there, plus there will come a few tutorials/"free-for-all" (check the site to understand) content over the weekend. Not because I think people need a tutorials or assets site, but because I think it's fun to do ;)

Anyway, check it out and tell me what you think

http://oyvindandersson.net/

Best regards,
Øyvind A
You click on Build or type
make (or some equivalent), and you are astonished, then mortified, as you realize that the whole world is being
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New blog/website/portfolio

Postby Blink on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Looks good. I like that it's responsive too. Did you do the front-end?

Not sure what plugin you're using, but something is spitting out the entire jQuery UI library into the <head> section which is really not ideal.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Garrador on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Nah, I have not done the frontend. Don't have time atm, so I found a nice responsive template. I need to get to know the wordpress API better, before I feel comfertable creating a fully responsive wordpress theme. Obviously I'd rather use my own design, but for now I'll live with just editing this one ;)

Oh, I never checked the source. It's a Wordpress UI plugin so I could get access to accordion and tabs in my posts with shortcodes. I think I'll implement my own version here, or load it differently (on-demand).

Thanks!
make (or some equivalent), and you are astonished, then mortified, as you realize that the whole world is being
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Garrador on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Added a quiz (c++ basics). http://oyvindandersson.net/blog/?page_id=57

Just to have some fun stuff in there ;) Comment if you'd like to see a quiz in any other category (3d, 2d, level design, games, etc )
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Garrador wrote:Added a quiz (c++ basics). http://oyvindandersson.net/blog/?page_id=57

Just to have some fun stuff in there ;) Comment if you'd like to see a quiz in any other category (3d, 2d, level design, games, etc )

Tried the quiz (really bad idea once you're used to C#). Anway why would

for( int i = 0; ; i++)

not compile? (your answer thing says this wont compile)?

Anyway, the difficulty of the items seems to jump all over the place. Might want to check that out.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Garrador on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Oh fuck, forgot that one. Was a "question" entry that I was supposed to continue writing on after I went to the store. hehe.

Well, IMO I find the questions to be basic knowledge one should have, so to speak. I might have lost a bit of track of what is considered really basic, but still. Basic knowledge one should have.
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SM Sith Lord on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:56 pm

I got a 72. I guess I'm just not cut out for C++. :(
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Garrador on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:01 pm

lol, definitely not! hehe.

What parts were incorrect?

I use a quiz plugin to create them, and (afaik so far) I can't reward points for some of x correct answers, if there are multiple correct ones. So far if you get only one of them wrong, it is considered incorrecy. Which is'nt right.. Trying to figure out a workaround.
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SM Sith Lord on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:02 pm

It seemed like a lot of the questions were about syntax, which now days is a lot like spelling... you don't have to worry about it because you are corrected as you type.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Web Design & Development