De_Forest Released

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Postby hollowPOINT2007 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am

im gonna download it now

30 always looked fine to me.. .its when you start playing a game at the average of 11 fps yo ustart to notice... i guess thats why i need glasses now :lol:
hollowPOINT2007

Postby MayheM on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:39 pm

WOW, this map is freaking beautiful.

I do have have one thing to say as far as the FPS. every so often there comes a map that pushes the limits of what you have and makes you realize it is time to save up some cash and get a new card. DE_Wanda was one of those maps, and this is another. Though truth be known the frames on this bad boy are not even bad. I have seen maps that look like crap have frames in the toilet becasue the mapper did not optimize anything. this is not the case here. This map was well built and looks fantastice.

So if you have low frames, save up for a bit, go out drinking one less night a week, buy one less bag of weed every week for a month or two and you can get yourself a card on ebay that will make you happier in the longrun. I was guilty of squandering money on drinking the same as most of us, but when it came down to it I wanted a new machine so i got one.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby noclip on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Move over, CryEngine2. Source is here to show you how it gets done.
noclip
Regular
Regular

Postby Mangopork on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:07 am

:shock: :!:

Holy Sex Machine. What a map.

Apply for a job at valve. Now.
Strangely Delicious.
Mangopork
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby dragonfliet on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 am

Kaneth wrote:Looking at a rock I get 30 fps...

I have a q6600 clocked at 3.6Ghz, overclocked 8800gtx and 4gb of pc6400 ram... so theres got to be something that can be done to improve things, but from an aestetic point of view its gorgeous.

(All settings on highest)

Ahaha, you've overclocked your computer to the point of screwing it.
I have a Q6550 running at 3.1GHz (mellow OC I know) with a factory overclocked 8800GTS 320mb and 2GB of RAM. I run the game with everything set to highest with 16xQ CSAA and 16xAF and V-synch on and it only dips from 75fps (my monitor refresh rate, therefore it won't go higher) in a match with 8 bots when we're all on the screen shooting at the same time. You, my friend, are doing something wrong to be getting 30fps.

As for this map, I'm blown away. It's lush and beautiful and perfect. I don't even understand how it runs as well as it does for how densely packed it is. Just...amazing.

Only gripe is that the water looks a little jenky (the animation is a little off).

Truly breathtaking work.

Now someone freaking host this badboy.

~Jason
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby xoqolatl on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:41 am

dragonfliet wrote:Ahaha, you've overclocked your computer to the point of screwing it.

Ther is no such thing. He's probably running at Dell 30"'s native resolution with AA max... no wonder he gets 30 fps
xoqolatl
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby nub on Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Perfect in all aspects except for the volumetric lighting.

The one time you used it was well made, but the fact of the matter is, it's not going to be only place you'd see it. If there's gonna be volumetric lighting in a forest, it'll be EVERYWHERE.

I'm picky about volumetric lighting. :D
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby gr!m on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:00 pm

Mother of god. I just loaded this sucker up speculating my imminent low fps.

System:

AMD X2 3600+ @ 2.66Ghz
2GB DDR800
7900GS KO Stock Speed

I run it with 4xaa 8xaf all high setting and i get a tasty 80+ fps average.

One word for that WOW, hella optimization on your part, a true piece of artwork this map is. I had no idea a CS:S map could be so pleasing to the eye.

Oh and congrats on the spotlight!
Matt "grim" Stvartak
gr!m
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby Marxist on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:18 am

Holy cow!! I JUST JUST JUST finished my first HL2 map and Im proud of it, but when I look at yours.... woah. Looks like Ive got something to aspire to now =D

Well done.
Marxist
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby ky[le]² on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:00 pm

amazing..

ky[le]²
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Makkon on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 pm

Simply the best CS map I have seen. Ever. Considering it's level of detail, it also runs well on my crappy computer. You, sir, are a master among starving artists.
Makkon
Regular
Regular

Postby Grape on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:05 am

Hello. Would you please port this map to HL2DM? Or how can I make it work for HL2DM?
Grape
Regular
Regular

Postby S.W.A.T.Y on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:43 pm

this map is hot!
S.W.A.T.Y
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Grape on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:31 am

Grape wrote:Hello. Would you please port this map to HL2DM? Or how can I make it work for HL2DM?

:? How? :?:
Grape
Regular
Regular

Postby CanMan on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:46 am

You don't. This map was made for CSS, thus, it will be played for CSS. Dm doesn't have the models/textures, and it will turn out to be a big mess of errors and purple.
Interlopers.net steam-chat
Come on in and ask all your level-design questions, or discuss games.
CanMan
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase