mg_kepler22b_xblah

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

mg_kepler22b_xblah

Postby Jean Marcel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 pm

THIS MAP IS INTENDED FOR SINGLE-PLAYER EXPERIENCES, although you can play with a friend or two. Don't put this on large servers.

In 2012, CERN launched the LHC experiment to full power. As most expected, the experiment went wrong and Earth suffered with it. The fissure destroyed constructions and drained all Earth oceans. Humanity's last hope is a colonization ship being sent to Kepler. The Keystone IV Voyager will follow the Kepler precursor Viper2. Your assignment is to launch the three Vipers today.

A contest is always a motivation to map. Not only because there are winners or loses, but because people give feedback. Last time I joined one was the LHC mapping contest and the pros and cons surprised me. With that feedback, I made this map.

I took me a while to find the right resources. As always, I focused on effects and cinematics. But I also wanted to give some control to the player. It is not just push the button and launch the rocket. You must open the fuel valves, use the crane to attach the spaceship to the rocket, and so on.

I'm pretty satisfyed with how this ended up. I hope you all enjoy!

Download: http://www.gamebanana.com/gb/maps/163216
Jean Marcel

Return to Showcase