[DoDs] dod_kriegsmarine_beta1

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[DoDs] dod_kriegsmarine_beta1

Postby KrAk on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello friends mappers!

Finally I finish it!
This is an detonation map for Day of Defeat Source where the action takes place in a German submarine base. It is dedicated to FFA with at least 16 players. I was inspired by a building located in Saint Nazaire and a mission of Medal of Honor games. It took me some time to finalize the map and many people have taken their time to help me (they recognize themselves).

I really hope you appreciate it. Do not hesitate to contact me to share your suggestions.

Historical context

May, 1943, Saint Nazaire, France.
The defenses of the Atlantic Wall is an important obstacle for the Allied troops and the result of their operations.
As for now, German submarines imposed their supremacy over the whole Atlantic Ocean, causing considerable loss to the Allied forces.
But today the tactics stakes are such that several military maneuvers are undertaken to reverse the course of this battle.

- Allied objective :

The undercover operation of one of the largest submarine bases enemy is launched.
Step into the base by the railways and destroy the U-Boats present to weaken the German positions and finally break the Atlantic Wall.

- Wehrmacht objective :

Protect at all costs submarine refueling and destroy all means of escape for enemy forces.
None of them shall escape, we must discover how they got the necessary information to implement their operation.

Download :

http://dods.gamebanana.com/maps/179789
http://www.moddb.com/games/day-of-defea ... rine-beta1

Play and have fun!
KrAk

Re: [DoDs] dod_kriegsmarine_beta1

Postby LordDz on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Looking really good, maybe I should purchase DoD sometime near the future.
To nitpick:
Add some displacements for the snow on those crates. Snow isn't flat.

You said it's FFA, but can it also be played in team? If so, does DoD have soft collisions? (If not, doorways are evil).

Otherwise, great looking map :)
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: [DoDs] dod_kriegsmarine_beta1

Postby KrAk on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:30 am

LordDz wrote:Image
Add some displacements for the snow on those crates. Snow isn't flat.

Here is the screen that gives the impression of flat but the area is not at all. :-D

LordDz wrote:Image
You said it's FFA, but can it also be played in team? If so, does DoD have soft collisions? (If not, doorways are evil).

Yes it is a door. It is the only of the map. I did not think it was so serious. I will arrange it in beta 2!

Thank you for your comments
KrAk

Return to Showcase