FLAPPY BIRD: SOURCE

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

FLAPPY BIRD: SOURCE

Postby Matt2468rv on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Description
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your favorite (or least favorite) mobile app is now available for Garry's Mod! I have fully re-created Flappy Bird in the Source Engine.

To play, load the map in the Sandbox gamemode. Click the mouse or tap any of the WASD keys to start flapping. If you want to save your high score, you can save the game by going into the saves tab in the spawn menu (Q menu) and clicking on "Save Game". This map doesn't depend on any other games for it to work. Just download and play!

Images
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Image ImageImage Image

Video

Download Links

Steam Workshop Download

Sendspace Download

Garrysmod.org Download

Gamebanana Download

Credits

Beta Testers:

Beepis
MegatroN [Apollo]
The Seventh
Dr. Freeman

All textures were re-created by me. 8-bit isn't very hard to reproduce ;)

Be sure to post any bugs, comments, concerns, death threats for making this game, etc.

Thanks, and enjoy
:)
Matt2468rv
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: FLAPPY BIRD: SOURCE

Postby LordDz on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:19 pm

LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dr Evil on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:25 pm

haha nice
Dr Evil
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Knights on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 pm

Just google this guys name he's posted this practically everywhere.... :? Is this something your so proud of you have to tell everyone? :-D The fappy bird fad was 3-4 month ago...
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Matt2468rv on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 am

Knights wrote:Just google this guys name he's posted this practically everywhere.... :? Is this something your so proud of you have to tell everyone? :-D The fappy bird fad was 3-4 month ago...

I don't see what's wrong with posting a map release on the appropriate mapping communities? I do this any time I release a map and many other mappers do this also. It's an appropriate practice for releasing anything, really.

Sorry you don't like it, but I originally made this for a frustrating map contest. Apparently it's done its job frustrating you by simply existing. ;)
Matt2468rv
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Armageddon on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:35 am

Matt2468rv wrote:
Knights wrote:Just google this guys name he's posted this practically everywhere.... :? Is this something your so proud of you have to tell everyone? :-D The fappy bird fad was 3-4 month ago...

I don't see what's wrong with posting a map release on the appropriate mapping communities? I do this any time I release a map and many other mappers do this also. It's an appropriate practice for releasing anything, really.

Sorry you don't like it, but I originally made this for a frustrating map contest. Apparently it's done its job frustrating you by simply existing. ;)

Hey man, I want to say. I will never play your map but good job on it. It looks quality.

Secondly ignore Knights he's an asshole, good job posting this around, I often see great maps fail because they only post it in one place and it gets no publicity. Keep making stuff okay this is impressive. :)
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Matt2468rv on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks man! I'm glad you appreciate the work I put into it. And I have to agree with you there, a lot of great maps don't become popular simply because the creator doesn't put much effort into releasing it.
Matt2468rv
Dumpling
Dumpling

Toad Skin

Postby srredfire on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 pm

I downloaded this and played it and I was really impressed with just how spot on it was with the actual real game. Really nice work!
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Toad Skin

Postby Matt2468rv on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:23 am

srredfire wrote:I downloaded this and played it and I was really impressed with just how spot on it was with the actual real game. Really nice work!

Thanks man! I appreciate it :)
Matt2468rv
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Toad Skin

Postby no00dylan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 am

srredfire wrote:I downloaded this and played it and I was really impressed with just how spot on it was with the actual real game. Really nice work!

Not to take away attention from the main topic of this thread, but why did you name this post "toad skin"?
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stormy on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:40 am

Because it's spencer. Duh.

On a side note, I can't get over 6 on flappy goat. CURSE YOU ACHEIVEMENTS.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Showcase