[The Ship] Argo

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

[The Ship] Argo

Postby Poro on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey,

So, I've been making a custom map for a game called The Ship. For those of you who don't know this game, it's a clever indie game where each player get assigned a target they have to assassinate but at the same time they must try to avoid/kill their own hunter. There was a map called Argo in the original Half-Life 1 proof-of-concept mod which I originally intended to remake but as it turns out, most of the map had to be redesigned to fit well in the full version, so you can only see some hints of the original map. :P Anyway, less talk and more pics. Let me know what you think about the map! :)
Poro

Re: [The Ship] Argo

Postby Phott on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Looks awesome, I loved the original "The Ship" but never played the indie release so I don't know how well it plays. But you've kept to the theme, I especially like the 6th screenshot from the bottom.

So how big is the player base for this game, are there a lot of servers with people playing?
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Knights on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

Phott wrote:Looks awesome, I loved the original "The Ship" but never played the indie release so I don't know how well it plays. But you've kept to the theme, I especially like the 6th screenshot from the bottom.

So how big is the player base for this game, are there a lot of servers with people playing?
NAH, the source version is miles ahead of the hl1 version having played both.... Good stuff could we get a topdown view... Looking good, but it would be nice if you could add some more details or something more distinctive too the rooms... It pretty much looks exactly the same as their maps.... Keep at it! A very underrated game, but hella fun... :-D
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Spike on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Didn't know a game like that existed. I'm actually making a updown camera game like this one in UDK.
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby nub on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 pm

So wish I got in to this when it first came out. I heard many good things about it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Poro on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Phott wrote:Looks awesome, I loved the original "The Ship" but never played the indie release so I don't know how well it plays. But you've kept to the theme, I especially like the 6th screenshot from the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback! The game has been quite active lately with the new owner of the game promoting it during the Christmas. You can find players online during evenings and there's a group called The Ship is Alive which organizes all kinds of nice events.

nub wrote:So wish I got in to this when it first came out. I heard many good things about it.

It's not too late to check it out! :P

Knights wrote:NAH, the source version is miles ahead of the hl1 version having played both.... Good stuff could we get a topdown view... Looking good, but it would be nice if you could add some more details or something more distinctive too the rooms... It pretty much looks exactly the same as their maps.... Keep at it! A very underrated game, but hella fun... :-D

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's something that I've noticed also. It does look a lot like the official maps and I must admit that I've taken some inspiration for some rooms from them (I looove Connemara! :P). I guess the biggest problem I have with it is that I can't model nor can I make textures, so I have to reuse all the official assets that are already in the game. I guess I should try to tackle this issue but I don't really know where to begin with the learning. I tried Blender back in the days and found some kind of an official noob-to-pro guide on the wiki but it was largely unfinished. :/

As for the top shot, I haven't done the deck plan for the in-game map but here's a couple of shots that might give some basic idea of the layout.

Poro

Postby Smurftyours on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 am

Only if Garry's mod had support for this content, I for one would think it would stunning map for a spin off game mode of The Ship called TTT (Trouble In Terrorist Town).
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Return to Under Construction