[CS:GO] de_investment (WORKSHOP, Update 7 Sept)

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment

Postby Sathor on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks for those very long and detailed feedback posts. I am now working on a version which basically tries to cut the map a bit on the long axis (T-Spawn to bombsites) and also a little bit on the other axis, mainly the "Gallery" (the room with the V-Pillars) will lose a bit of its broadness.

I hope to finish a good version for this evening. If everything goes as planned, we will have another playtest. I hope many people will participate again - this map will need a lot of playtests!

Please forgive me that I won't answer in detail to each of your C&C. I have recieved lots of C&C via chat, too, and if I spent all the time commenting on it, I won't ever finish the map :wink:

Thank you again!
Sathor

Postby Major Banter on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Definitely up for another test!
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sathor on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Second playtest:

There will be a second playtest tonight. The time will be again 23:59 Central European Time.

I will provide the download of the map and server details later. I am still working on the map :wink:

I am including as many of the changes as possible, but it is though work :wink:

I will try to provide the map at least half an hour before the playtest.
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (playtest 21/04/12!)

Postby Doglike-spike on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Awesome with another playtest, shame i have work tomorrow morning. Ill pop in another time.
Will you have more playtests in the following weeks?

As for feedback, i dont really have that much, since most of what i had trouble with has been discussed ;)
Doglike-spike

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment - playtest 21/04/12 - 1 AM (CET)

Postby nub on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't be in the middle of something when the time comes.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment - playtest 21/04/12 - 1 AM (CET)

Postby Sathor on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Sadly I have to announce I decided to cancel the playtest. It will just not be possible to get a playtest version done. The rework necessary consumed more time than I had expected.

I don't want to rush it, since the rework could easily cause a mess - Banter watched me on livestream doing some of it.

I will notify about a new playtest date. :?
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (update 23/04/2012)

Postby Sathor on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Update 23/04/12

After the first playtest I have worked on the map to include many of your suggestions. My main focus was to reduce the size of the map and to simplify the routes.

While I am not yet finished with all the changes, I want to present you a comparison.
Top is the playtest version.
Middle is the status quo.
Bottom includes most of the planned changes of the layout.

I am looking forward to a playtest (maybe this week) to test whether the changes are sufficient.

Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (update 23/04/2012)

Postby mookie on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:03 pm

A little tough to picture what your plan is around CT spawn but any change there is likely to be good. Something to play with is cl_leveloverview which will produce a more consistent overhead screenshot and allows you to take any cross-section of the map you want (only z below your position will be rendered, and if you put yourself in dead space you can still see everything).

The rooms and hallway down at the south edge of the map are still looking a bit too long/dead. The hallway itself seemed to be the worst part, because no-one wants to run through a narrow hallway with nowhere to go if you get surprised. It looks like you took about 128 off it, but it could stand to lose another 512 at least. Shortening the hallway by enlarging the room to the west of it, or turning it fully into a room itself, or connecting it or the room to its northeast (or both) to the stairwell area in front of T spawn would probably help this area.
"When you mess up, it makes me feel better about me." -- Vince Masuka
mookie
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (playtest - 12/05 - 00:01 am CET)

Postby Sathor on Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Second playtest 11/05/2012 at 00:01 am CET!

I invite everyone to a second playtest of my map. I worked hard on it to include most of the changes suggested, especially I cut every corner of the map to make it much smaller and faster paced, but still keeping my favorite areas like the atrium in the middle and the office bombspots.

The playtest will be on schoft's server. I will provide a download link to a RAR with all necessary files shortly before the playtest.

The playtest might - like any good interlopers round - delay by some time, for totally idiotic reasons. It might start on time, though. If you are interested, I advise to join the interlopers Steam group chat about half an hour before midnight (CET!).

Look up the local times if you are not located in Central Europe (East Coast USA is usually 6 hours back).

I hope for a lot of people to come!
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (playtest - 12/05 - 00:01 am CET)

Postby Menno21 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Sathor your level promisse something very good! Love your way of design.
I think need a beta version of CS:GO for playing it?

Good work)
Menno21

Postby Sathor on Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 am

Thank you for your participation!

At the peak time we were 12 people fighting each other. I hope everyone had a good time. If there is anything you want to suggest, feel free to write something in this thread.
Sathor

Postby marnamai on Sat May 12, 2012 2:30 am

- make the ct doors from spawn wider
- B entrance is ignored, add fire escape for a more direct route?

ImageImageImage
- bad sightlines (examples of possible improvements => move the doors)

^ these are probably bad ideas ...
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

Great playtest today Sathor, you've pretty much improved on everything. My suggestions again were wider doors at the CT spawn and possibly that bulletproof glass around the conference room. All that's left to do is possibly moving around a few props to block visibility and opening a door or 2, anything new introduced would just be unnecessary complexity and mess up the gameplay I think.
MaK

Postby Sathor on Sat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm

3rd playtest - 13/05 at 00:01 am CET

I hope there is some interest for yet another playtest tonight. The general consens yesterday was that the layout was basically working out well, so I was able to change the smaller things.
There will be no delay this time, since the maps are already finished.

Some of the changes:
- At bombspot A the small corridor on the side is now a room directly accessible via the atrium (like in marnamais suggestions)
- moved the door to bombspot A to reduce long line of sight (like in marnamais suggestions)
- added another door at CT-Spawn (and added the glass wall I had already planned, to replace the solid wall)

There are two variants of the map that will be played. They are both exactly the same except for one minor but critical (I could imagine) difference.

It is mainly Plague's comment which made me think about a method to make CTs slower at reaching the big, long hallway and fall into the terrorists back.

We had generally agreed that the other door in the room directly at CT-Spawn (the big hall divided by a low wall, which will be glass later, too) needs to be opened.

In the first variant, both doors are now open. In the second variant, the door that was open is closed now, while the other is open.

This makes the other route at CT-Spawn to B actually useful and slows them down a bit. We will see what works out better!

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66424987/de_inv ... test_3.rar

Feel free to explore the maps. I did not include NAV files this time, since schoft had to leave (had no time for that anymore). If you were part of the playtest yesterday, you won't need to install the materials and models.

I will post the server IP and password a few minutes before midnight (CET)

That is around 6 pm (12/05) in New York.
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (3rd playtest - 00:01 am CET)

Postby Sathor on Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 pm

The playtest can now begin:

connect 83.161.147.46; password lol

Make sure you installed all necessary files correctly.

See you on the server!

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66424987/de_inv ... test_3.rar
Sathor

PreviousNext

Return to Under Construction