[CS:GO] de_ali

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

[CS:GO] de_ali

Postby Squad on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, just registered to show what I've been working on for the past few months.
It's a fast-paced bomb/diffuse map for CS:GO set in a mediterranean village. It's still a WIP, but it's up on the workshop.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Workshop link

Squad
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: [CS:GO] de_ali

Postby Text_Fish on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:58 am

Looks really nice. Subscribing!
Mappers Top Tip #548
Lighting: The arrangement, hue and intensity of one or multiple light sources.
Lightning: A dazzling discharge of electric sparks in the atmosphere, often preceding thunder.
Text_Fish
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Squad on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks!
Squad
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Smurftyours on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:41 am

Looks okay, but this theme is seriously so overdone and it gets really boring playing maps that look the same
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby Spas12 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:23 am

Hey just palyed it. Beautiful visual asthetics and a good layout. what else are you working on?
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Vyck on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

The theme may looks the same as some maps out there, but the visuals and the map layout itself is great man. Good job!
Vyck

Postby Squad on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 pm

@ Smurftyours: I agree the theme isn't the most original, but I guess in the end it's still the gameplay that makes a map boring to play or not.

@ Spas12: I'm not (actively) working on anything else at the moment, but I have a few ideas for a next project (which'll have to wait until this one is finished though).

Thanks for the feedback, everybody!
Squad
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby trcc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Not quite sure how this map plays out. A bombsite has only 1 logical route and it is a super choke ( the room with the pillars, ct get there first before it splits in 2 )

I don't see why terrorist would go through B bombsite to go plant at A bombsite because they will have to face both the ct's of B and A. Both bombsites are so close to each other (like 5 seconds max between each) Rotate might be too strong for ct's?

Long B is really really long (close to 20 seconds running time from spawn to planting zone) add in some walking and some shooting and it's already taking up 25-30 seconds.

I love the visuals but I find the layout not a lot suited for competitive play. I don't want to sound negative!
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Squad on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 pm

I understand your concerns. However, we playtested the map quite some times at Mapcore and the feedback overall was rather good. Did you give it a go with bots?

I think you're mixing up the bomb site letters, but here's the general idea behind it. Bombsite B (the one you can get to fastest through the pillar room) indeed has only 1 logical route, but this route still needs to be covered by CTs, so it takes away a few CTs that can't protect the other bomb site. However, if Ts are able to break through this side they have a really good chance of planting the bomb on B. The distance between A and B is pretty short, so CTs covering A will get to B rather quick, but I think Ts have a good chance of defending the bomb, unless it's 5 vs 1 off course.

Long A is meant to take a little longer, but it's probably the "safest" route to A and it provides a flanking opportunity to take out CTs guarding the middle route. A is easier for Ts to get to, but harder to defend when the bomb is planted because it's more open. Put simply, this should even out the choice between bomb spots more or less.

The middle route on the other hand gives the best possibility to change tactics when one bomb spot seems to be too hard to reach for Ts.

Again, this was the theory behind it :) So far all gameplay feedback seems to support this.

Rotate might be too strong for ct's?

I'm not sure what you mean with this?

Thanks for the reply! I hope you get a chance to play it somewhere and enjoy it :)
Squad
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby trcc on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Oh yeah, my bad. I mixed the bombsites :-D

"rotate might be too strong for ct's"

I found a fancy definition :D

"Solid Teamwork and rotations: The other major key to having a good CT side is great teamwork and good rotations. This teamwork is based a lot on good communication, however. Good calls will allow your teammates to make good decisions on when to rotate and how fast. You want to rotate fast when you know the enemy is coming to a certain bombsite or choke point. You want to try to meet them before they can even get into the site and plant. This is not always possible though. In cases where you can't help your teammates in time, you want to wait for the rest of your teammates to get into position to re-take the bombsite instead of trying to take the bombsite back one by one. Your in game leader can help out with this by trying to get everyone coordinated and grouped up. After you are all ready to go, you should flash the bombsite and all try to retake the bombsite at the same time. "

I mean that ct's can easily switch from one bombsite to another in a matter of seconds if necessary,putting a lot of pressure on terrorist whether they chose Bombsite A or B( throwing flashbang or nades the very second one of their teammates dies or call a rush etc.)

I played the map but I took out bots cause bots are hella annyoing and are not a good way to test the competitive side of a map. I just feel it's gonna be always a big confrontation at either bombsite 5v5 because of the huge proximity of both bombsites. In other words, I think your map is highly ct sided.
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Under Construction