[CS:GO] BlackGold

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: [CS:GO] BlackGold

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 pm

There will be more drill elements, and some crane stuff.

As for the colors I'll try and get some more shades in there, but it's probably going to stay yellow. It's not as bad when you're in the actual playable area. A while back I had some red, but it ended up looking like mcdonalds so I nicked that.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby nub on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm

It sounds like you have it planned out pretty well then. I'm looking forward to its completion.

I'm also curious to see how you plan on making the ocean look. So far it looks pretty nifty, but I imagine you plan on doing some fancy 3D skybox stuff? Or were you just planning on having a basic, endless sea? Regardless, I love the saturated blue the ocean water has.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hollow on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:47 pm

nub wrote:I'm also curious to see how you plan on making the ocean look. So far it looks pretty nifty, but I imagine you plan on doing some fancy 3D skybox stuff? Or were you just planning on having a basic, endless sea? Regardless, I love the saturated blue the ocean water has.

I playtested this a few days ago, and at the moment, the water is a displacement/model with an animated texture. But Cory is a shader/particle god so I expect to see some awesome shizz going in for polish.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby DonPunch on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I think Livewire has an animated water mesh he used on his l4d ship map. Hit him up
DonPunch
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:40 am

I was thinking of doing a giant vertex deformated ocean, but I am not sure. If anything I think I am going to just use valve's tree sway shader params to push waves around. The only limitation with that though is that you can't use a bumpmap, which is pretty weird.

DonPunch wrote:I think Livewire has an animated water mesh he used on his l4d ship map. Hit him up

Nope.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:14 am

IMAGE UPDATE:

MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Armageddon on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:20 am

Very pretty indeed, still a little bare in the last shot though.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby [frank] on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm

I think you could pretty easily slap a large poster / billboard style feature over that metal framework. If you have access to it, a cloth sail or sheet would work nicely too.
[frank]
Regular
Regular

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Designed as a tight, fast paced defuse map, BlackGold is set on top of an off shore oilrig. Take the role of Terrorists who have snuck on board and are planning to destroy the oil drill and crane, or Play as the Counter Terrorists flown in to stop the destruction of the Rig.

WORKSHOP PAGE
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby nub on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 pm

The pipes appear to be merging together in the sixth screen shot from the top there. Might want to realign them some so they're uniform and whatnot.

Anyway, it's looking really nice. The complexity of the indoor areas is surprising. A very tight design indeed. Keep at it fellas.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Under Construction