Checkerboard Stock Props ?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Checkerboard Stock Props ?

Postby TheseClocksFail on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 am

Hi guys

Ok so heres my problem... earlier today I was going through mods and adding custom props from their files to their respective cstrike materials/models folder. One of the folders I added was called props_junk and I thought I just added it to the junk folder that was already there, but I think maybe I replaced the original junk textures with the new ones?

The weird thing is I can see the textures under the checkerboard, but the checkerboard is there in both game and Hammer. I thought about reinstalling Counterstrike but I'm not sure if that will delete everything I have? This is happening with every default prop in the props_junk folder.

I'm really confused about these props because the files cant be found in GFCScape and the full path of the junk props in hammer is

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\maltheman\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\hl2\models\props_junk\garbage_plasticbottle003a.mdl

which is strange because that path doesn't seem to exist in either explorer or GFCscape, and I DEFINATLY wasnt messing around in there
Well I suppose thats not entirely true, I can find 3 texture files (garbage001a_01, garbage002a_0, and garbage003a_01) which look like they are the textures for these files except they're all together which I think is weird but I don't know, it might not be.

These textures are located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\maltheman\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models\props_junk

Oddly enough I cant find the model files in the cstrike\models folder but the models seem to be working fine and the textures not...

I've added a lot of props using this method and havent had any trouble untill this... I hope someone can help me out, maybe it would be possible to just send the files. I tried searching online for them and ended up downloading a "css content for gmod" zip file which looks like it includes models and terxtures and stuff but I cant find the files in here either?? I'm not even sure if thats the problem..

I hope I explained this well enough, If you have any questions please ask. I know this might sound dumb but the props_junk/garbage files are really important to a map I have been working on.

Thanks guys!
TheseClocksFail
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Checkerboard Stock Props ?

Postby WhiteDevil on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13 pm

For a quick glance it looks like you're missing the detail texture those props are using. If you know how to edit the .VMT files just blank out the detail textures out of there and you're all set. Or just find and copy the detail texture file which the props are using.
WhiteDevil
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Checkerboard Stock Props ?

Postby TheseClocksFail on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 pm

That worked, thanks a lot man!
TheseClocksFail
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Custom Asset Help