CSGO Retexturing levels?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

CSGO Retexturing levels?

Postby Phraggah on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 pm

I just bought a tablet, so I was interested in trying to spruce up some of the default GO maps (eg Office) and give them some hand-drawn textures. I made one replacing brick/offwlld, but they don't appear to be showing up in game. The custom texture itself doesn't appear, and neither does the custom bumpmap I made for it. svpure and svconsistency are both off.

I extracted brick/offwlld from the VPK and placed it with the correct directory structure into the CSGO folders. After this didn't work, I assumed things had changed from CSS like in TF2, so I mimicked TF's custom content structure using /csgo/custom, but that doesn't seem to work either.

After some searching, I've found some tutorials from when the game was released to modify pak01_dir in order to load custom skins, but after changing my bumpmap the game just crashes now.

Is there a particular way of modifying stock materials for stock maps? Thanks in advance!
Phraggah
Regular
Regular

Re: CSGO Retexturing levels?

Postby Dives on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am

The content in CSGO's vpks take precedence over anything you put in the the materials or models folder. For L4D2 you need to put the content into your own vpk and place it in the addons folder get it to replace correctly. CSGO doesn't have an addons folder but it might work if you create one.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: CSGO Retexturing levels?

Postby Phraggah on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Dives wrote:The content in CSGO's vpks take precedence over anything you put in the the materials or models folder. For L4D2 you need to put the content into your own vpk and place it in the addons folder get it to replace correctly. CSGO doesn't have an addons folder but it might work if you create one.

I think this doesn't work. I used the vpk.exe that seems to come with CSGO, putting duplicates in both /custom (like TF2) and /addons (Like you suggest from L4D2). Neither seem to change anything in-game. :(
Phraggah
Regular
Regular

Return to Custom Asset Help