Pakrat does not work

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Pakrat does not work

Postby Mapham on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:13 pm

I have tried to pack custom textures with pakrat, but nothing works. Those textures do work when i run it from my own computer, but i cant get those textures work with pakrat for bsp standalone. But vide program tells that all textures are indeed in the bsp file already but still those textures do not work.

This is very frustrating, i am clueless.
Mapham
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Pakrat does not work

Postby Whipper on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Works fine for me? after steampipe update BSPpack (doesnt work i think? but i dont use & havnt tested)..with pakrat opend and your map loaded have you tryd going to "file" then "preferences" and setting the game root directory to your custom\my_custom_stuff (or what ever you have called that folder) path? for example if mapping for hl2DM you would need to set the pakrat preference to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff (or something similar) & in that "my_custom_stuff" folder would be your materials,models resource's ect.
Thats what i have had to do since steampipe update..i dont know if you have already done this but if not give it a try and if thats not the problem check and double check you have your textures in the right path or have added the textures while packing to the wrong directory paths.
Whipper

Return to Custom Asset Help