Blender to source export problem Bridge_wall

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Blender to source export problem Bridge_wall

Postby plagueofburia on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi happy season greetings and new year,

I am starting up again on 3D modelling/mapping again, set up today. I thought would begin with trying to export a finished model for a bridge that I am working on into source, I done the wall sometime ago last year. I done a basic rectangle for the physics mesh today and created a QC file. I pasted from a previous QC file and made some changes. I seem to be having problems though exporting the wall from blender to compile the model to source. I am not sure what is wrong can anyone help.

I am using the Blender SMD add-on and Blender 2.69

I have added a a picture the console in blender seems to say too many materials used, max 32. Warning: leaking 1 elements. To my knowledge I have only used one material so I do not know what that means. Does anyone have any idea?

Appreciate any help.

This is the QC file is this okay?
Code: Select all

$modelname "buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.mdl"
$scale 1
$body "Body" "bridgewall1_ref.smd"
$staticprop
$cdmaterials "buriamodeltextures\ch1area1\bridgewall
$surfaceprop "Concrete"
$sequence idle   "bridgewall1_ref.smd"
$collisionmodel "bridgewall1_phys.smd"
{
      $Mass 1000
      $concave
}

plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Re: Blender to source export problem Bridge_wall

Postby TechieUK on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:04 pm

I had the 'Leaking 1 elements' error once, I was exporting the reference smd as a skeletal animation. Fixed it by re-exporting all the smds. Might do something.
Also know as WILLAM; TechieUK is my old name. If you see WILLAM on Steam or ModDB, it's me.
TechieUK
Regular
Regular

Re: Blender to source export problem Bridge_wall

Postby plagueofburia on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi thanks TechieUK, this is still causing me a problem, I tried to export the smd again with various degrees of success. Not sure where I would have changed the ref_smd to a skeletal animation if I did do that. I thought I had the phys_mesh set to flat so I changed that to smooth it was not that either.

I used various blenders from 2.67 to 2.69 and there is strange/odd things happening.

For some reason blender 2.67 and blender 2.69 can export the the SMD using my QC file(using SMD add on) but for some reason it can't complie the model I don't know why this is happening.

As a comparison I used GUIStudio using the exported Smd's from blender 2.67/2.69 and complied the model in GUIStudio even in GUIStudio it has the same problem leaking elements I don't know why.

Using Blender 2.68 I export the SMD with the QC file and it exports like the other blenders. though for some reason it complies in GUIStudio.

I also tried to complie the model in blender 2.68 I guess with success. How is it compling the model in Blender 2.68 but not Blender 2.67 and blender 2.69?? this is really confusing.

There is still a problem, in hammer it does not show the material and I am sure I have named it correctly but it is still not showing up. I understand that the material name in blender must be named the same as the VMT and VTF file in this case bridgewall1tex. I put the complied model from blender 2.68 into notepad ++ at the bottom it has the texture bridgewall1tex which is what I named the texture.

can anyone help does anyone know what is wrong. I could send the blender file if that is needed.

This was the complied output from GUIStudio and Blender 2.68

Code: Select all
Created command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2" -nop4 -nox360 "F:\blender things\Own_HL2_props_blender\blender walls\Wall1\Wall QC files\bridgewall1.qc"

qdir:    "f:\blender things\own_hl2_props_blender\blender walls\wall1\wall qc files\"
gamedir: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\"
g_path:  "F:\blender things\Own_HL2_props_blender\blender walls\Wall1\Wall QC files\bridgewall1.qc"
Building binary model files...
Working on "bridgewall1.qc"
SMD MODEL bridgewall1_ref.smd
SMD MODEL bridgewall1_phys.smd
Model has 1 convex sub-parts
Collision model completed.
---------------------
writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\models/buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.mdl:
bones          964 bytes (1)
animations     112 bytes (1 anims) (1 frames) [0:00]
sequences      220 bytes (1 seq)
ik/pose        164 bytes
eyeballs         0 bytes (0 eyeballs)
flexes           0 bytes (0 flexes)
textures        76 bytes
keyvalues        0 bytes
bone transforms        0 bytes
Collision model volume 45696.00 in^3
collision        0 bytes
total         1820
---------------------
writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\models/buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.vvd:
vertices     82512 bytes (1719 vertices)
tangents     27504 bytes (1719 vertices)
total       110080 bytes
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\models/buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.sw.vtx":
body parts:         8 bytes
models:            20 bytes
model LODs:        12 bytes
meshes:             9 bytes
strip groups:      25 bytes
strips:            27 bytes
verts:          15471 bytes
indices:        15000 bytes
bone changes:      16 bytes
everything:     30612 bytes
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\models/buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.dx80.vtx":
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\models/buriamodels\ch1area1\bridgewall\bridgewall1.dx90.vtx":

Completed "bridgewall1.qc"
plagueofburia