Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Discuss the industry, development techniques and other general topics

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby MrBlackspoon on Mon May 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Alright, who wants to work for Dark Artz? They are searching for people that have experience in the hammer editor and want to help them fixing the game.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2688672

Just tell us where your talents are in game design. We could use something as simple as someone who is French correcting some of the localization errors. Or something as broad as someone who has many years of experience in Maya design. Wherever people WANT to help is really what we are asking.
User avatar
MrBlackspoon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While
 
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby supermoose76 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you for the link MrBlackspoon. I hope people can take us serious on helping us with our game.
supermoose76
Member
Member
 
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby Major Banter on Mon May 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Sad fact of the matter is that the very core of the game just isn't that solid. Improving the game is going to take a lot more than sprucing up the graphics and taking out the insta-kill areas and so on. Obviously that will make a difference, but only to a certain degree. Can't fault them for trying though, and good luck to them. If they bring the game up to a good standard I might have to buy a copy as a 'well done, very impressed' thing.

supermoose76 wrote:Thank you for the link MrBlackspoon. I hope people can take us serious on helping us with our game.

Assuming this genuinely is supermoose76 of Dark Artz development team fame, this must be extremely difficult for you. Reading forum posts tearing it to shreds, the waves of backlash and so on and so forth - not a pleasant environment to be in. Especially when many mappers get this for a few hours of hard work rather than a sweat and blood game. I can't lend my hand to help, but I will say I support your decision to improve, and I hope to be impressed with your progress.

Also, can you ban that stixworld guy from your steam forums? He's trashing your PR.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: UK

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby supermoose76 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Major Banter wrote:Assuming this genuinely is supermoose76 of Dark Artz development team fame, this must be extremely difficult for you. Reading forum posts tearing it to shreds, the waves of backlash and so on and so forth - not a pleasant environment to be in. Especially when many mappers get this for a few hours of hard work rather than a sweat and blood game. I can't lend my hand to help, but I will say I support your decision to improve, and I hope to be impressed with your progress.

Also, can you ban that stixworld guy from your steam forums? He's trashing your PR.


Yes it can be very hard to read sometime but we can't let it bother us to much. We want to keep moving forward. Any help we can get will be very helpful :) Thanks for your support.

I think we talked to him. We asked him to calm down. :)
supermoose76
Member
Member
 
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby Jordash on Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 am

I see Tophattwaffle is no longer working with your guys, when did that happen?
User avatar
Jordash
Been Here A While
Been Here A While
 
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby supermoose76 on Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Jordash wrote:I see Tophattwaffle is no longer working with your guys, when did that happen?


I believe early October of last year.
supermoose76
Member
Member
 
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm
Previous

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users