Interlopers Wip Texture Thread!

Modelling, Textures, Animating and other general engine asset topics.

Re: Interlopers Wip Texture Thread!

Postby marks on Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Turns out I was using the wrong settings, it works pretty DAMN good actually...
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby Sathor on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Began to create some textures for de_investment. Aim is to match the original textures from ME, without using any ripped content. All textures made from scratch for that reason.
In comparison:
My marble on the right, original on the left:

My marble on the right, original on the left:

While I did the diffuse and specular map, I didn't get around to make the normal map yet. Still, I guess I got close enough with the diffuse.
Sathor

Postby Epifire on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:59 am

First attempt at building a modular texture sheet. It's for use in an old engine, to be used when these details are needed on indoor structures. I guess combining four into one helps with memory usage, so all the better I guess...

Epifire

Postby Sathor on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 am

My only complaint is there transition between the upper right and upper left panel, especially at the "crossroad" of the four panels.

And some of my stuff:
concrete type 1 (original ME texture on the right, my completely-from-scratch custom one on left)

Ingame, the black marble tiles are my custom ones too:

concrete type 2 (original on the left, custom on the right, will be redone since I accidently made it on 512x512 :smt021 )

ceiling tile type 1 (my most recent addition as of yesterday. original on the right, custom on the left)
Sathor

Postby Armageddon on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:41 am

You need to sharpen and darken the lines in both concrete textures. Especially the first, also it needs a stronger normalmap.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Whipper on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 am

hello folks
Recently been working a lot on texture workflow in photoshop and wanted to show a few off..
Marble texture - Image
Metal panel i plan to use in an environment im toying with - Image
This one i attempted after watching the work flow of this guy "Rafaël De Jongh" on youtube jst for some practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4s3F37toI Image
All rendered on a flat plane, still to be applied into a game engine and specular maps to be adjusted accordingly.
Whipper

Postby plagueofburia on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:32 pm

I recently created a set of office wall textures, out of the set, these are probably the most detailed from that set. They have a lot of details and should work with HL2 stock textures.

This is a basic normal map for one of the textures
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Armageddon on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Might as well post this, not like I'm going to finish it.

EDIT: GRATE MUNCHIN'!

Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby plagueofburia on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 pm

These are the new Floor tile texture set I recently finished, it took some time, because there is so many parts/tiles to the set. They have floor details as well as a bump map same as the wall. I have also added some extra details by hand.

I also created the red carpet parts of the tile as decals/overlays not sure if they work or where I can use them.

Floor tiles

Carpet
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby kraid on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 am

I'd say to much shadow under the carpet, it looks like it's either hovering above the ground or much thicker then i'd expect from a carpet.
Goldeneye Source v4.2.3
get it now and play for FREE!!!
http://www.goldeneyesource.net
kraid
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Sathor on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 pm

@plagueofburia

As kraid says, the shadowing looks odd, also on those wall pieces you showed earlier. In 2014, you should maybe think about having such a carpet as a prop ... I doubt it will look very convincing like this. The floor tiles look good variants, but I think you rely too much on a 512x512 standard. It might be very obvious basically all variants use this measures, so any kind of damage is about the same size and in the same position.
Sathor

Postby cpl. punishment on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Another possibility for the damage on your floors is to use $detail to overlay either the damage texture you used above, or one of the damage decal textures that already exist.

Edit: Using the $detail parameter in your floor tile texture, the second texture will automatically be placed on top of the first, repeating, at whatever scale you specify. In HL2, this method was used to add noise to textures without using normals or ss-bump maps, but you should be able to use it to add your carpets to the floor, or to add different cracks and holes to them. The downside is that some tweaking may be necessary to get the desired results.

Examples (from Shotgunefx on the Steam forum) here, here, and here (specifically the overhead shots of the streets).
Last edited by cpl. punishment on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpl. punishment
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby plagueofburia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks for all the feedback kraid and Sathor, I didn't realise the carpets looked odd but when you mentioned it does look like they float. I did spend a long time on them. I am sorry to delete these textures.

This is the full type of set but I will get rid of all the carpets. I did create decal versions of the carpets, but would decals/overlays trigger a carpet SFX when the player walks over it?

I will try to model the carpets in Blender. I don't know why I didn't do this first. I guess working on textures for so long I forgot about models.

cool cpl.punishment I have yet to use decals or overlays but that sounds like a good idea I would like to try that, I am going to try and make a model see how that turns out first. The decal overlays can be added at a later time.

In one of the pictures is the ship made of brushes looks good, the cars look awesome.
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby cpl. punishment on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:29 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my suggestion. Please see my previous post for clarification.
cpl. punishment
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Previous

Return to Art Creation