Invisible Map Limit - Player falls into void for no reason?

Help and discussion relating to UnrealEd and the UDK

Invisible Map Limit - Player falls into void for no reason?

Postby Kubata on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey everybody, I'm pretty new to the UDK and I've been spending the last week making a bunch of different scenes to learn the ins and outs. With every scene I make, I run into this same issue:

I keep falling off into the void for no real reason. I've rebuilt everything and the issue still remains. Can somebody tell me both why this happens and how to fix it? I would appreciate any info, either links to a fix or a direct answer.
"You can have all the cool effects and the latest technology, but if you don't nail that 30 seconds of fun, you're not gonna have a great game." - Jaime Griesemer
Kubata
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Invisible Map Limit - Player falls into void for no reas

Postby Kubata on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:42 am

In case anybody runs into this same problem-found the Solution: In the template maps for different times of day, there is something called the "killZ, killX, killY" which basically serves as a boundary for clipping. Here's the reply I got on EpicGame Forums:

Looks like the same thing that happens when you hit the Kill Z line on the default lighting maps. Maybe try lowering your Kill Z by going to View>World Properties. In that window open up the tab labeled Zone Info. You should see an option called Kill Z change that to maybe -10000 or whatever suits your needs best.
"You can have all the cool effects and the latest technology, but if you don't nail that 30 seconds of fun, you're not gonna have a great game." - Jaime Griesemer
Kubata
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Invisible Map Limit - Player falls into void for no reas

Postby DonPunch on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 am

Yea the KillZ is the point at which your player just dies instead of falling to the bounds of the world
DonPunch
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to UnrealEd Help