wereMole's WIP thread

wereMole's WIP thread

Postby wereMole on Mon May 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Just to show that I'm still doing stuff with this contest.

Still messing around with concepts and trying things - on the architecture of the main aspect.

It's all very basic and I'm trying to put some stuff together that hits a sweet spot so that I can continue with more essential steps.

Gameplay wise I want to keep it short and simple. Fight through a battlefield and ascend some sort of Combine building all the way to the top. The idea is loosely based on Valve's Air Exchange tower although ofcourse completely different than what they did.

wereMole
Regular
Regular

Re: wereMole's WIP thread

Postby srredfire on Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Well it's certainly unique!
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wereMole on Mon May 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Haha - I know it's crap but before I start with the basic layout I want to have some style for it.

I'm just messing around with basic shapes and forms till I get something that feels more the less right for what I have in mind.
wereMole
Regular
Regular

Postby LordDz on Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Add some glass and stuff and it could look combine?
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Ade on Fri May 30, 2014 11:28 am

Reminds me of VerticalVille, Sam's entry. Visual wise, looks OK when zoomed out hehe.
Ade
Regular
Regular

Postby wereMole on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:20 am

Well obviously this is not working out. I'm approaching graduating my master thesis and it's sucking up all my time goddamnit. Aside from that there has been a bunch of social stuff going on with my girlfriends brother coming over from south africa, a friend coming to visit from Australia, the whole world cup thing, other activities etc.

I'll continue anyway to just have something to do. I'm envious of the pretty things I've seen in some of the WIP threads. Best of luck with the contest and I'm looking forward to playing it.
wereMole
Regular
Regular

Postby Ade on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 am

Well whenever you can take a breather, please continue with this as a hobby, at least for the innovative aspect. GL
Ade
Regular
Regular

Postby wereMole on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 am

I'll have some breathing space soon - till the start of september it's going to be a bit frantic but there's always some time here and there. I feel a bit swamped atm.
wereMole
Regular
Regular

Postby wereMole on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am

As far as the design got... was busy cutting out an abyss around the entrance but got stuck trying to get a thick mist rolling in it.

wereMole
Regular
Regular

Return to WIP Entries