Soulia's WIP thread

Soulia's WIP thread

Postby Soulia on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm entering a bit late, so let's see if I can actually pull it off in time :D Let's see!
Below the synopsis for the level:

Stormbringer
Due to a teleporter malfunction Gordon is teleported aboard Nikola - a rebel cargo vessel sailing towards what looks like the eye of a raging storm. The ship feels barren, and Gordon soon learns there has been an outbreak of Xen creatures onboard. Cutting through the infected crew Gordon descends deeper into the bowels of the vessel, on an attempt to override the security systems and gain access the main deck. On the way he learns more of the mission the crew was on, and we are once again reminded of how "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world".

*Rolls up sleeves* Here we go!
Last edited by Soulia on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soulia

Re: Soulia's WIP thread

Postby Soulia on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:32 am

Alrighty. Been blocking out the environment and adding some basic starter lights.

Also been scripting gameplay scenarios, based on initial quick cryptic scribbles I made on a grid paper. Speaking of that the level layout has been sketched out, and key gameplay events have been initially decided. Many things will obviously change in the process. Might post some of my sketches later. They're all incredibly quick and messy though, as I'm on a tight schedule here :D

There's one particular area of the level I've been bringing more forward than others, but I need to resist the urge to get too deep into details at this point.

Time flies when you're having fun. It's 4:22 AM and it's time to drink coffee! Sleep is for the weak!
Soulia

Re: Soulia's (aka Eltempe) WIP thread

Postby Soulia on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:04 am

Showcasing the development of an area. Ignore the console message :)

Soulia

Postby marnamai on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 am

wow, you're certainly making good progress!
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Soulia on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:37 am

Yeah, it's nice to check back at earlier iterations now and then to recognize there's been progress :)
Beginning and end of the level are pretty much done. Now concentrating on the middle part. Been having a chance to pimp up a few areas (shots below). Still lots of work to do but I remain optimistic I can pull this off in time :D

Soulia

Postby Armageddon on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:51 am

Looks really great. I love the work on your portfolio as well. :)
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to WIP Entries