Postby marnamai on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:57 pm

bump: added download link
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Marnamai's Final Submission

Postby ErikKiller on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Son, I'm proud :')
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gambini on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:41 am

First two image links are broken*. Glad to see it´s released!!

*They showed up just after posting
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Sarwia on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Excellent work, marnamai! You've certainly captured the mood of hl2. I really enjoyed the last part of the map. Great flow from start to finish. :)
Sarwia

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Given the map a playthrough, and I'll let you know my thoughts and feelings on it after the maps have been judged. Like every other map, some highlights and some pitfalls - I'm looking forward to reviewing it properly.

No bugs or issues noted.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Vizzy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Highlight to read:
apc battle was cool as hell,
scanners dropping hopmine ammo was a good touch
gj man
Vizzy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby PIZZAMANJESUS on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 am

You really knew how to keep the action rolling along, and the level was large enough to accommodate for it. However, the combination and the numbers of enemies felt a little funky; there was no negative space in-between the primary action sequences (which are well-done and entertaining in their own right) so the whole level kind of felt like a shooting gallery. However, lots of work was obviously put in and you have an admirable bank of Hammer/Source knowledge. The final judging will be close I feel.

Also, it was quite the enterprising move to get early public feedback. I think it gave you a good leg up in the competition :wink:
PIZZAMANJESUS
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby shadowmancer471 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:38 am

My personal favorite of the submissions so far.
Great job
I want to get off Mr.Bones Wild Ride
shadowmancer471
Regular
Regular

Postby Vicpop on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:40 pm

I enjoyed this map. It flows very naturally, and I liked the little optional secret areas scattered throughout like the 357 area at the beginning. I got a little confused at the strider sequence because I didn't notice the vent grate, and since the combine that show up don't advance into that corridor I was under the impression for a moment that I was meant to take them out somehow and find a path outside. Maybe if the entrance got blocked off with one of those strider blasts or something once the player gets inside. Not a big deal, though. I liked how you did the APC fight, although it could have taken place in a better arena than the narrow highway. Not amazing visually but the tight gameplay makes up for it. I'm also probably just bored of the HL2 style to begin with.

Really nice!
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Ade on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:45 pm

So yet another case of forgotten cfg in the mod, damn.
I like how in the intro you present the player with an eye catching custom citadel, but wished there was at least a teleport sound, something to relate it to the competition?
Now here the stacking is used properly, you are shown a side area that you can ignore but if you stack, you will find an extra weapon and some suit.
Definitely has replay value as I tested this over and over and I hope I'm not biased when I say and feel that I can still enjoy playing it, like the gate puzzle is still nice, crushing police with a car is still nice, and there are nice little stashes everywhere that I enjoy finding.
The sniper is presented well to us by killing a zombie with it, and the actual sniper weapon is still cool to find and use. This was the highlight of the mod when I first played it since most mods just leave the unusable model lying there, and actually being able to use it after wishing this for so long was just wow for me.
Oh and another nice surprise was the APC battle since I thought they were only able to move backwards and forward, and the scanners re-supplying us was yet another nice touch.
Gameplay wise this is the best entry yet though I have 2 more to play. Layout wise it's just lovely, so many uneven corners instead of the usual boxy architecture, the use and re-use of space is well done, making you see it, admire it from different angles and traverse it in many ways. And having a mission at the end, a purpose, to help out rebels, upped the map/mod quality even more.
Ade
Regular
Regular

Postby HoliestCows on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 am

I had a lot of fun playing this map! It was really well made, in design and art, I sure can never hate some HL2 mapping. It was damn hard though, I don't know if i'm getting rusty at HL2 but I sure did have a hard time playing. Overall though I enjoyed it.
HoliestCows
Regular
Regular

Return to Final Submissions