Level Designer looking for Horror mod

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Re: Level Designer looking for Horror mod

Postby source-maps on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:25 am

the point is, it's conventional that if you look for a mod to work on.. you seak them out your self and present them with your work

going to a general modding forum and asking for 'hey guys I can map.. show some of your work and I might work for you' isn't going to get you anywhere ;)

imagine asking for a job in the real world and you didn't show your curriculum vitae, and told the employer you needed to see some of his stuff first

on the modding issue, I'm not really familiar with that either.. but asking for help on problems you're facing is a much better approach.. but considering you already tainted the thread with an open application topic.. it's going to be hard to get the right people in here that might be able to help you

best of luck tho :)
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Stormy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 am

Your furry avatar immediately puts you on the backfoot. Also it always pays for you to put a link to a portfolio or some images up if you're looking for a mod team. No one is going to be assed to google you and get in contact unless they are really looking for anybody to be on their team, and that's likely not the kind of team mate you should jump on board with. You're better off going on moddb, filtering mods by hl2 and finding a mod you like, then getting in contact with the team direct.

Think of it as looking for a job. You'll get a better response from a better employer if you get in contact with them and show them your awesome portfolio than you would posting on a forum saying "I need job". Hell, a post that says nothing but "looking for work" and then five jimonions-level screenshots would get a way better response than an informative wall of text and no images.

tl;dr: PICTURES MOTHERFUCKER

EDIT: ninja'd by source-maps. What he said.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Mehis on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:26 am

This situation can be explained with one simple image.

Mehis
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Mod Talk